The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What's the data from Ireland on this since they introduced it 7 years ago, or any other country that's introduced it? I can't find any evidence of an increase in unwanted toilet or safe space invasion anywhere. But it's such a rare event anyway, why would anyone think there's a big cohort of pretendy trans women just hanging on for a GRA so they can take a peek at women washing their hands in a public toilet?

It's not like they have bouncers on the doors of ladies toilets checking your gender status before saying the famous phrase " not tonight lads "

10 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It's not like they have bouncers on the doors of ladies toilets checking your gender status before saying the famous phrase " not tonight lads "

Maybe they should. With Chris McEleny scooping 115 votes in the council elections that’s a potential 230 bollocks ready and willing to be inspected! 

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I was thinking how it would have been received in a workplace years ago if you'd handed out badges to the staff identifying their preferred gender.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was thinking how it would have been received in a workplace years ago if you'd handed out badges to the staff identifying their preferred gender.

If you asked some folk what pronouns they wanted to be known by they wouldn't know what you're talking about.

24 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If you asked some folk what pronouns they wanted to be known by they wouldn't know what you're talking about.

HR from 1979.

" Whit do you waant oan her badge, so we know if yer a man or a wummin?"

52 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I blame the mods for locking the Heads Gone thread again.

It's like a full moon coming out.

If you could just stick to your task of shepherding oaksoft a bit better this might not have happened. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

If you could just stick to your task of shepherding oaksoft a bit better this might not have happened. 

Nobody wants that, surely. More bites than Dracula and whipping up the usual crowd of inferior trolls, all by "just asking questions" he'd no interest in the answers to.

The master at work. It's like watching Steven Hetherington in his prime.

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe in the 1980s sonograms weren't around? Also, not everyone chooses to know the sex or gender of the baby while it's in the womb. We didn't. 

Given the last time we interacted I had to inform you 'eschew' meant the opposite of what you thought it did, I'll give your reading on 'assigned' a pass, if that's all the same. 

ETA - either way it doesn't make much odds between 'assigned male at birth' or 'assigned male at sonogram' - the individual is still being assigned a gender by someone who isn't that individual. 

Is male a gender? I thought it was a sex.

6 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

People should be trans if that’s what they really truly want, but I have my doubts about the whole thing to which I am entitled and you don’t get to come into my life and dictate my thoughts, actions and language without a fight. 

I doubt you've ever met a trans person but now you want to fight them because of something you read on twitter. What a fucking numpty. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I think that’s reasonable. The conceit that there is no difference between a man and a trans man is something people aren’t going to be forced to accept, no matter how desperate some people are to force their ideology onto the entire population. People just aren’t buying it. 

I don’t think there really want any detectable hostility towards transgender people until this bizarre movement came into existence seeking to give their lives interest and meaning. 

People should be trans if that’s what they really truly want, but I have my doubts about the whole thing to which I am entitled and you don’t get to come into my life and dictate my thoughts, actions and language without a fight. 

What a fucking c**t you are.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I doubt you've ever met a trans person but now you want to fight them because of something you read on twitter. What a fucking numpty. :lol:

I have met trans people and they were unremarkable, reasonable, pleasant people. I certainly don’t want to fight trans people and the conceit that you speak for them is very funny indeed. 

I am very happy to fight the idea that my thoughts, language and actions can be dictated by complete strangers on an arbitrary basis. It would t matter what the topic was. 

The battle of ideas seems to be going quite well at the moment in the public sphere, which is nice. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

What a fucking c**t you are.

That’s your view to which you are entitled. No problem. If I were to say that I felt your view persecuted me or was “literal violence” do I get a badge?

23 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I think that’s reasonable. The conceit that there is no difference between a man and a trans man is something people aren’t going to be forced to accept, no matter how desperate some people are to force their ideology onto the entire population. People just aren’t buying it. 

I don’t think there really want any detectable hostility towards transgender people until this bizarre movement came into existence seeking to give their lives interest and meaning. 

This is one of the worst posts iv ever read on here. Arsehole

5 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I have met trans people and they were unremarkable, reasonable, pleasant people. I certainly don’t want to fight trans people and the conceit that you speak for them is very funny indeed. 

I am very happy to fight the idea that my thoughts, language and actions can be dictated by complete strangers on an arbitrary basis. It would t matter what the topic was. 

The battle of ideas seems to be going quite well at the moment in the public sphere, which is nice. 

Any minute now and "some of my best friends are trance, but.." posts are gong to go viral.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is one of the worst posts iv ever read on here. Arsehole

You must have led a very sheltered life. Either that or you are an extremist ideologue who simply cannot cope when you encounter a view which you don’t agree with. 

It would be nice if you would just calm down.

Why can’t you respond to his reasonable post without resorting to personal abuse?

People who hold such contemptible views deserved to be outed as the c***s that they are.