The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Asexual reproduction is common in nature.

Males can be born with testicles, without a developed penis. Or vice versa.

Women can be born with nothing at all.

Both men and women can be born with both, albeit rare.

You’re out of your depth here.

Shite. 

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Jesus. A whole essay to say you have no idea what makes a man a man or a woman a woman either.

I’m not sure why you are so desperate to squeeze 7.7 billion people into 2 neat little boxes.

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Excellent, so now you're asking me to justify a coloured circle when you completely stonewalled me on the same request a few pages back. 

What makes me a man? I'm not sure. I was assigned male at birth and haven't had any serious quibbles with that. I like traditional 'male pursuits' and don't take a whole lot of pride with my appearance in the way that a lot of folks assigned female at birth stereotypically do. You could say that folks assigned female at birth also enjoy having a few pints and scratching their arse and I'd agree with you. It's pretty nebulous. Like lots of us have said now, everyone's got their own experience and you'll likely get as many different answers as there are people to answer it. 

What does the term ‘assigned at birth’ mean?

Was it the midwife who decides what sex you are?

That is the most ridiculous expression!

We are rapidly descending into fantasy land.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Coincidentally, a quick google search shows that a film called "What is a Woman", I think, was released this year where a film maker asks people this exact question. That might be worth a watch. Providing the Woke Folk give me the film their personal approval first of course. I'd hate to get into trouble for watching some "prohibited film". Some trans person called Debbie something or other has given what looks like a fair-tempered review of it but apparently she's a "cuntress" so I'm not allowed to take her view into account.

"What Is A Woman' is a film made by Matt Walsh. Go look him up. He self-describes as a 'theocratic fascist'. 

Yes, Debbie Hayton, she's a transwoman who describes herself as being a 'not a woman'. This has led to some transphobes - Graham Linehan notably - thinking she's useful to the 'gender-critical' cause as she's prepared to go on TV and say this, which they think demeans or defangs other transgender people. Other transphobes deny her right to exist altogether and have attacked Linehan for his 'friendship' with her. It was me who mentioned her in the first place if you go back a few pages, I'm well aware of her. 

ETA - and it was Kellie-Jay Keen I described as a cuntress. For someone that 'wants answers' you're not very good at reading, are you?

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Do you want me to link you all the articles (peer reviewed) that back up every single claim in that post?

No.  I know from biology that only males and females can reproduce. 

That is enough for me to know. 

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What does the term ‘assigned at birth’ mean?

Was it the midwife who decides what sex you are?

That is the most ridiculous expression!

We are rapidly descending into fantasy land.

It means what it means, what you're deemed as when you're born. And yes, it's a medic, usually a midwife or doctor who tells the parents 'it's a boy' or 'it's a girl'. 

It's been an expression since at least the 1980s. This is stuff I was doing at uni in 1998 or so. 

7 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

But do you have 2 penises though?  That is the question.  And a vagina at the same time. 

As I said, I have one penis. I do not have a vagina. Now, can you help me or not? I'm starting to think you're not quite on the level here. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Look, this isn't helpful to your argument. He's clearly talking about humans.

Is he? He's been talking about blackbirds in the garden and electricity bills and asking me if I've got two cocks. He could be talking about Starsky & Hutch for all the coherence he's making. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

It means what it means, what you're deemed as when you're born. And yes, it's a medic, usually a midwife or doctor who tells the parents 'it's a boy' or 'it's a girl'. 

It's been an expression since at least the 1980s. This is stuff I was doing at uni in 1998 or so. 

No- you can observe the sex of a baby whilst it’s in the womb via a sonogram.

Scientific fact.

The word assigned makes it sound as if there is some kind of choice involved.

Ill go with chromosomes.

Next you will be telling me that 2 same sex people can make a child. 
Behave fool. 

2 humans of the same sex can’t, no; they can raise a child however.

2 humans of the same gender can reproduce though. Get your head around that, brain donor.