The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The way people like you debate issues makes it impossible for a subject to be discussed in any meaningful way.

I agree. There’s a lot of word salad interspersed with lots of false assertions attributed to others. It’s very disingenuous and malevolent. 

The example following your posts today is very clear.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I agree. There’s a lot of word salad interspersed with lots of false assertions attributed to others. It’s very disingenuous and malevolent. 

The example following your posts today is very clear.

Except Oaksoft running away as soon as he’s asked for his own take and your input being a post that says ‘wow’ and then no detail on any of what you’re saying leaves one with very little to go on other than what we already know eg

a). Oaksoft thinks Ricky Gervais is the cutting edge of comedy. Whether that means he’s a 60 year old edgelord or whether he’s just awoken having been put in cryogenic storage in 1974, I’m unsure

b) @Day of the Lords described you as a ‘weapons-grade weirdo’ and you didn’t challenge him so I’m going to assume from that (and this) that that is in fact the case

Just now, carpetmonster said:

Except Oaksoft running away as soon as he’s asked for his own take and your input being a post that says ‘wow’ and then no detail on any of what you’re saying leaves one with very little to go on other than what we already know eg

a). Oaksoft thinks Ricky Gervais is the cutting edge of comedy. Whether that means he’s a 60 year old edgelord or whether he’s just awoken having been put in cryogenic storage in 1974, I’m unsure

b) @Day of the Lords described you as a ‘weapons-grade weirdo’ and you didn’t challenge him so I’m going to assume from that (and this) that that is in fact the case

i don’t need to give you anything to go on; I’m not accountable to you. Seeing you lashing out at individuals  now is no surprise whatsoever. 

There is an undercurrent of narcissism in the way that you couch your posts. The only way to win when dealing with that mindset is not to play. 

So no, I will not justify my thoughts to you.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

i don’t need to give you anything to go on; I’m not accountable to you. Seeing you lashing out at individuals  now is no surprise whatsoever. 

There is an undercurrent of narcissism in the way that you couch your posts. The only way to win when dealing with that mindset is not to play. 

So no, I will not justify my thoughts to you.

Narcissism and having a fucking clue of the first thing you’re talking about are different things. 

Grats on your win tho. 

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

There it is.

There what is? 3 days ago you openly admitted to 'not caring about the trans topic', and that it's 'not interesting to you'. 

On 21/06/2022 at 08:25, Thorongil said:

I’m happy with the current direction of travel in the debate. 

I really, honestly, truly don’t care about the trans topic in and of itself. It’s just not interesting to me. I just haven’t liked the tactics of the trans extremists. 

I am sure a nice common ground can be found where everyone has equal rights and responsibilities.

If you've changed that tack and gone off and done a ton of research in the last 3 days, then I'd at least like your opinion on whether the 'current direction of travel' is at best enabling a shit-ton of grifting. Marion Millar has noticeably wheeshted since her big crowdfunder. 

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

There what is? 3 days ago you openly admitted to 'not caring about the trans topic', and that it's 'not interesting to you'. 

If you've changed that tack and gone off and done a ton of research in the last 3 days, then I'd at least like your opinion on whether the 'current direction of travel' is at best enabling a shit-ton of grifting. Marion Millar has noticeably wheeshted since her big crowdfunder. 

I’ve already said no to you.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It’s really horrible that someone like Morgan Drinks Coffee gets abused because some angry weirdo on Instagram can’t work out her gender.

I don’t know why they think that both is acceptable or any of their business.

It's quite bizarre how angered some people are by the idea that they might be attracted to someone with the same genitals.

Like he/she/they are gonna f**k you anyway, mate  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

This whole gender debate has went too far. Now East Stirling have put their players gender identities on the away kit.

No wonder Putin’s gone full mad raging culture war when even Scotland beat the CIS 3-0. 

On 24/06/2022 at 20:04, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^^ That's a dreadful comparison.

Stuart is definately a strawberry blonde whereas Bea is more a 'hint of copper' kinda gal............................

So Stuart's a "she", then...

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This hasn’t gone well for Halifax. Going baw deep and telling people to take their money elsewhere if they don’t like it is a strange tactic in Gammon Britain.

Hope she's still got time to take care of the milk situation in her new role.

Thanks

All the best

Gemma

On 29/06/2022 at 20:22, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This hasn’t gone well for Halifax. Going baw deep and telling people to take their money elsewhere if they don’t like it is a strange tactic in Gammon Britain.

I love the seethe this has generated

I love that Halifax has told them to deal with it or f**k off