The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

7 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:
8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Just for what it’s worth, they’ve said this because they’re a bunch of Tories appointed by the Tories to ensure Tory policies are pushed. The Scottish Government plans have already been extremely widely consulted on and considered.

This is a decent thread on it. 

One of the replies to that thread. Not sure how much difference three months and two years makes, and I don't know which rights are not protected?

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I've been out of the law game a while but if memory serves a woman peeping over a toilet door to look at another woman is probably illegal 

Also probably quite a disappointment if the noises are just her squeezing out a huge fudge dragon.............................

Your born Male or Female - that's your sex.
If you feel differently that's absolutely fine but doesn't change the biological fact of what your are.
People should be allowed to live their lifes however they chose but not have to very forcefully project their minority opinions on people as fact because of their feelings.
Example, i can say i'm the best footballer in the world, better than Ronaldo, i can believe what i want but it doesn't make it fact nor does that mean you need to adjust your behaviour to make me feel more comfortable.
Have you tried pretending not to be a fucking idiot?

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I've been out of the law game a while but if memory serves a woman peeping over a toilet door to look at another woman is probably illegal 

Yep, its also a pretty fucking involved way to commit a sexual offence. 
It must be pretty fucking difficult to have feelings that you’ve been born in the wrong gender etc, traumatic. It must be even more difficult to have mutants equating this to you being some kind of deviant, when really you just want to be yourself. 
I have worked with many trans people over the course of my life and I’ve never known any to be wrong yins, just people who live very normal lives. I also encountered many trans people who were victims of violent and horrific hate crimes because of their gender identity. 
Statistically white cis gender males are far more likely to commit a sexual assault than any other gender identity. Totally on board with any move that makes the trauma for trans people a little bit easier to deal with and anything that annoys the Alba das and JK Rowling whos books are fucking shite. 

Yep, a debate to not be touched with a barge pole. 
I don’t always agree with the tone of the debate from afar, including from activists, but ultimately all we’re trying to achieve here is that no one feels marginalised from society over personal issues they have no control over. 
That’s my ‘let’s all be friends’ meaningless view on the matter. 
In real life it's not something that I honestly think about that much, other than thinking that people should be allowed to live their lives as they like with the minimum of fuss. I only know (as far as I'm aware) a couple of Trans people and pretty much anyone CIS it's come up in conversation with has been largely the same, with some questions or concerns about things they don't really understand. 
Online it's obviously the debate de jour, and by being wrapped up in the very silly Cancel Culture war it's not really possible to ignore. The most notable of those against usually abandon their generally held principles or talking points (see Joanna Cherry this week suggesting that rises in reported hate crimes against Trans people  don't really matter as they are simply reported, not prosecuted) and, while in real life it's absolutely normal to have concerns or want to discuss it, online this is usually one step away from a reference to "men dressed as women" or some such. 
On the specifics of what's mentioned here there has been ample consultation on the GRA reform in Scotland, and anyone who sees the EHRC at this point as anything other than a cut out for the Tories' fighting the culture war hasn't been paying attention. 
Both of these sum up my thoughts pretty well. I'm of the let's all be friends camp as well. People should be allowed to live their lives and I have no issue with it.

Also, the EHRC is a Tory mouthpiece trying to distract attention in Scotland. The legislation has been consulted upon for plentiful time now and predatory male behaviour will happen regardless of this legislation being brought into law.

5 hours ago, red23 said:

If you feel differently that's absolutely fine but doesn't change the biological fact of what your are.

People should be allowed to live their lifes however they chose but not have to very forcefully project their minority opinions on people as fact because of their feelings.

Example, i can say i'm the best footballer in the world, better than Ronaldo, i can believe what i want but it doesn't make it fact nor does that mean you need to adjust your behaviour to make me feel more comfortable.

There are more than 2 sexes and gender is a social construct that varies from society to society.

You’re on the internet. Look stuff up.

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
11 hours ago, red23 said:

Have you tried pretending not to be a fucking idiot?

He's in a vulnerable position. His rights as a predator are being infringed. What if the next hotty he gets pished turns out to have a boabby?

12 hours ago, Jambomo said:

As a white, straight, heterosexual female, I wish those women rights groups would stop claiming to speak for all women.

The whole safe-space thing is nonsense. Gender-neutral spaces have existed for years - swimming pool changing areas, even when I was small, was mixed for example. Half the cafes, restaurants I go into these days have toilets that are a single cubicle or mixed use. Literally campaigning against things h that have been in place for years is just ridiculous. My gym even has mixed use changing rooms and showers ffs 🤣

It’s like said above, do they honestly think any predator is somehow put off because the wrong sign is on the door? “oh I can’t go attack that woman, she gone in the ladies”. Fucking imbeciles

I'm surprised that much hasn't been said to stop this dog whistle getting out of hand. 

For this fabled " man in drag going into womens toilets/ changing areas to commit sexual assaults' " what exactly is there to prevent that at the moment under the current rules?(apart from it being an offense obviously!) it's not as if they have someone on the doors checking that your a legally a woman before letting you in. It all sounds a bit like brian soutars "protecting children" dog whistle from 2000 in his fight against section 28

9 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I'm surprised that much hasn't been said to stop this dog whistle getting out of hand. 

For this fabled " man in drag going into womens toilets/ changing areas to commit sexual assaults' " what exactly is there to prevent that at the moment under the current rules?(apart from it being an offense obviously!) it's not as if they have someone on the doors checking that your a legally a woman before letting you in. It all sounds a bit like brian soutars "protecting children" dog whistle from 2000 in his fight against section 28

I know a few MtF trans folk and none of them have had any issue with anyone stopping them from using the ladies toilets.

However one of my best pals is a lesbian with short hair and she's been physically attacked twice by other women in toilets for "being a man". All this dog whistling does is put more women in danger. 

22 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

it's not as if they have someone on the doors checking that your a legally a woman before letting you in.

You mean the Terfs won't be carrying out gentile inspections of people before the access vital services such as rape crisis or escape from domestic abuse?

For a while it seemed like they wanted that and also want people to believe they aren't wrong-uns.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

You mean the Terfs won't be carrying out gentile inspections of people before the access vital services such as rape crisis or escape from domestic abuse?

For a while it seemed like they wanted that and also want people to believe they aren't wrong-uns.

Are they anti-semites too?