Dundee Football Club vs Fake Saints 29/1/22

This is a weird one - apart from St Johnstone on Wednesday, St Mirren have been the worst team we've faced.

Form would indicate that they are the favourites tomorrow - but the same was true the previous games.

We'll need to see which St Mirren team turns up this time.

We really need to play McGinn ftom the off tomorrow if we want any chance of a win.

Goodwin has said Dundee are full of experienced players who know how to grind out results.

Translation - full of old guys who will kick you as they've lost the ability to run.

Going to be windy tomorrow - only real danger will be from set pieces from the drink driver.

34 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Any recommendations from our learned locals of the best place for a fish lunch ? Any jokes welcome.

I use Frankies. You can drive past it on the way into Dens. Next to Dundee Violet's ground. You get a pretty big portion from them.

Edited by johnnydun

"Charlie, gies a lift, Charlie Charlie gies a lift..."

As @Lex said, that defeat at SMP was a real low point this season. One of the more ineffectual performances I can remember from a Saints team over the past few years. Even thinking about it now is raising my blood pressure.

Our players do seem to have clicked with the new system, albeit we still managed to invite a lot of pressure onto ourselves against both Aberdeen and Dundee United.

Bookies have us as marginal favourites but it really could go either way, assuming we actually show up this time. However, the real value is in the 11/2 for Adam and Power to both get booked, so I've sunk a fiver into that.

There seems to be some confusion as to whether the Aberdeen game is on or off, the official club twitter saying "you can still buy tickets" while the fans' group is saying it's definitely off. The whole of the East Coast is due to get hit by high winds, and we've seen public transport hit all along it.

Update: The police have cancelled it, not the SFA/SPFL

If it is off, you'd have to suggest the officials will be looking at this one. Maybe a classic case of the game could be played but the concern is for the travelling support.

Edited by Ric

I'll be honest, I imagine Goodwin will want this game played purely because we seemed to have turned a corner since the break and he'll want to ensure that momentum continues, however.... we all know that strong wind absolutely fucks over a game of football, it's not "the same for both teams" as wind is variable, and can turn any game into a lottery.

I'll be honest, I imagine Goodwin will want this game played purely because we seemed to have turned a corner since the break and he'll want to ensure that momentum continues, however.... we all know that strong wind absolutely fucks over a game of football, it's not "the same for both teams" as wind is variable, and can turn any game into a lottery.

A lottery is probably our best chance of a result at the moment.