Dundee Football Club vs Fake Saints 29/1/22

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I seem to remember a game where we were playing Dundee at Love Street (which ages it already) and we had won the Championship. Can't remember if it was us winning (and we did, 2-1 with a late Mehmet goal) or our rivals for the title, I think St Johnstone, losing that clinched the title for us, but as it was obvious we were going to land to the title a good section of the Dundee fans stood to applaud the team.

I always thought that was a classy touch.

As for this game? Dundee look absolutely fucking awful. I would expect them to shitfest it out for a very valuable draw, a draw that Dundee fans will celebrate as if it was rain in the drought.

From the comfort of my home I also applauded your team in a penalty shootout not so long ago.  Obviously I didn’t go as wild as the United manager did getting to the extra time / penalty shootout because that would just be embarrassing.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I asked in the St Mirren thread about him. Turns out he's not even out of contract. :lol:

I mean, I don't want to be harsh here, but the obvious answer would have been to check the players contract status before posting anything. ;)

I mean at least we're playing a team that loves to gift us points for whatever reason. Maybe McGinn starts and has a big impact creatively, maybe not. I'm sure this'll be as miserable as the rest of the games.

Still kind of irritated we didn't hire Goodwin. At least I knew he'd have been sackable if he had the team doing this badly.

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean at least we're playing a team that loves to gift us points for whatever reason.

Just to confirm: The last 10 games between us.. Dundee have won 3, we've won 5.

In fact if any team is one that gifts points then...

Spoiler

54 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean, I don't want to be harsh here, but the obvious answer would have been to check the players contract status before posting anything. ;)

I mean, I don't want to be harsh here, but that level of checking would have required effort and f**k that.

51 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean at least we're playing a team that loves to gift us points for whatever reason. Maybe McGinn starts and has a big impact creatively, maybe not. I'm sure this'll be as miserable as the rest of the games.

Still kind of irritated we didn't hire Goodwin. At least I knew he'd have been sackable if he had the team doing this badly.

55 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean, I don't want to be harsh here, but the obvious answer would have been to check the run of results between the two clubs.

FTFY, lads. :P

45 minutes ago, Ric said:

Just to confirm: The last 10 games between us.. Dundee have won 3, we've won 5.

In fact if any team is one that gifts points then...

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry to break it to you mate, but, as far as we are concerned, 3 wins out of 10 against anyone is frankly unbelievably good - we really are that rancid...

I admit that I should have specified this season in particular, where we've gained 4 points from 6. That win at St Mirren Park may well have saved McPake's job for all I know.

I would hope those pressures were being exerted for this upcoming game and the derby, but I'm sure they won't.

Can we get Cody Cooke back on a one week emergency loan for this one? He played 17 Premiership games for us and scored three goals. All of them in one game at Dens Park. 

Dundee are the only team currently in the bottom six to have beaten us this season. That 0-1 home defeat was a real low point and comfortably our worst result and performance so far.  We've certainly came on a bit since then and are currently on a run of one defeat in six, which came at Ibrox. That run includes beating Aberdeen and Dundee United and drawing with Hibs and Celtic.

It will be a different type of game here,  it will be us that has the majority of possession. I think we will stick with the same 11 that saw off the Dons during the week. If we can good attacking performances out of McGrath on the left and Henderson on the right we should get some joy against the Dundee full backs, who i don't think are very good. Could we keep a third clean sheet in a row? Don't think so. Would take a point to keep the unbeaten run going.

2-2 again.

The Dundee way.... beat St Mirren tomorrow by 2-1 with at least 15 mins of arse twitching as we drop deeper and deeper to defend our slender lead.

This probably undeserved victory will trigger a wave of false optimism for the arrival of the filth.... and the endless cycle of sheer despair continues

God only knows which version of fat Charlie turns up in both games but getting a wee bit sick of his sulking shite