13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well they don't really. They've also extended the domestic loan window for the lower divisions to 28th February instead of 31st January. Which in turn means there's far less panic this week and I'd imagine Premier League clubs are going to be less likely to let players out on loan this week when they don't actually have to. May as well keep them 3 or 4 weeks longer in case somebody gets injured, or they force their way back into the squad. Not helpful for those of us trying to recruit domestic loans.

All that really has to be done by Monday night now is cross border stuff.

That's a key issue. In recent years Thistle have signed several players in cross-border deals, e.g. Akinola and Rudden.  

Zac's loan at Plymouth was terminated by Rangers in January 2020 to enable him to sign for us.

If Rudden joins Dundee in this window, McCall would want to have option of bringing in a replacement from England.

6 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's a key issue. In recent years Thistle have signed several players in cross-border deals, e.g. Akinola and Rudden.  

Zac's loan at Plymouth was terminated by Rangers in January 2020 to enable him to sign for us.

If Rudden joins Dundee in this window, McCall would want to have option of bringing in a replacement from England.

The deadline for Rudden to go to Dundee is still Monday, so that’s unaffected. The extension is for loans only, and only where the borrowing club is at championship level or lower. 

27 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The deadline for Rudden to go to Dundee is still Monday, so that’s unaffected. The extension is for loans only, and only where the borrowing club is at championship level or lower. 

Well yes, but I think his point is if Rudden goes on monday it leaves almost no time for Thistle to source a replacement outside Scotland. 

Of course ultimately Rudden is going nowhere unless it suits Thistle for him to do so therefore not really sure its an issue. 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well yes, but I think his point is if Rudden goes on monday it leaves almost no time for Thistle to source a replacement outside Scotland. 

Of course ultimately Rudden is going nowhere unless it suits Thistle for him to do so therefore not really sure its an issue. 

Yes, but my point is that that was always the case. 

“First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.”

Away and rattle yer coconuts brave sir Robin ran away….etc..

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Morton, Ayr and Killie all made four substitutions this weekend. Caley Thistle made five. 

Tbf to us, we are always early adopters. I remember we made four subs in the Scottish Cup against Queens Park five years ago. Whereby you were able to make an additional sub in extra time.

27 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Had a look at the subs. Quite a few were made early in 2nd half. Is that unusual for those teams ?

Allan Johnston made 3 substitutions at half time yesterday which is about 40 minutes earlier than he usually thinks about bringing just 1 on.