Airdrie Again

The pitch isn't going to be any better than it was in the cup match versus Thistle, and will likely be worse, so that's a concern for our style of play, but with a bit of ruthlessness we should have enough to win this. 

Expect it'll be a narrow scoreline again though, if not another draw. Might take that one bit of quality, like the last time. QP at serious risk of dropping out the top 4 but we really need to try and get another win and lose no further ground on Cove, especially after Tuesday. 

If we could try and defend crosses with a modicum of competence, that'd be lovely anawl. 

3 hours ago, AndyDD said:

The pitch isn't going to be any better than it was in the cup match versus Thistle

Sorry to put this up…just ignore the action. Pitch is struggling. Both Thistle and QP playing on Tuesday’s in the next few weeks. A real risk now that a dreary game might be really awful.

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Sorry to put this up…just ignore the action. Pitch is struggling. Both Thistle and QP playing on Tuesday’s in the next few weeks. A real risk now that a dreary game might be really awful.

Yeah, inevitable consequence of the amount of games being played on it. Not the fault of QP. Just the way it is. As I was saying in my post, not likely to get any better and quite likely to get worse. More of a problem for us given how we like to play this season than it might have been in other years. Hey ho. 

48 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Yeah, inevitable consequence of the amount of games being played on it. Not the fault of QP. Just the way it is. As I was saying in my post, not likely to get any better and quite likely to get worse. More of a problem for us given how we like to play this season than it might have been in other years. Hey ho. 

I think you are being kind suggesting we are blameless. We chose to go there and anyone who knows either football or grass knows that Firhill is not up to it.

11 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I think you are being kind suggesting we are blameless. We chose to go there and anyone who knows either football or grass knows that Firhill is not up to it.

Ach I know, but options would have been quite limited, I imagine. Personally felt QP should have been allowed to use Hampden until Lesser Hampden was ready, but that was always seemingly a non-starter, which is unfortunate. 

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

Ach I know, but options would have been quite limited, I imagine. Personally felt QP should have been allowed to use Hampden until Lesser Hampden was ready, but that was always seemingly a non-starter, which is unfortunate. 

Our own incompetence at building a stadium for ourselves did not help either. Personally I think Hamilton would have been a better bet.

8 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Our own incompetence at building a stadium for ourselves did not help either. Personally I think Hamilton would have been a better bet.

No I suppose that one is largely on the club, but it would have been a win win for everyone involved had the SFA allowed QP to continue in Hampden. Hardly booked out every second Saturday. I suppose Firhill is still in Glasgow, which might have been something they'd have wanted. Maybe Broadwood? I dunno. Hamilton as fair a shout as any I suppose. 

37 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

No I suppose that one is largely on the club, but it would have been a win win for everyone involved had the SFA allowed QP to continue in Hampden. Hardly booked out every second Saturday. I suppose Firhill is still in Glasgow, which might have been something they'd have wanted. Maybe Broadwood? I dunno. Hamilton as fair a shout as any I suppose. 

Broadwood used by several minor clubs including Clyde and a bunch of cyclists.

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Sadly, our eviction out of Hampden didn't allow for a cheerio match for the fans. Why that was beyond the SFA says stacks about them.

15 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Is there any reason we are in the old main stand on Saturday, last time at firhill there was plenty socially distanced space for all supporters, cannot see us taking any more than 300 to this g ame...  Seems crazy to open 2 stands for a max crowd of 750....

Hadn’t realised that was the case. Other than the Falkirk game (their fans were behind the goal) it’s been the Jackie Husband stand for both sets of fans all season.  Unless Thistle have asked/recommended it this time around?

Was the first QP Airdrie game in the league when their was still restrictions on crowd size? Can’t remember.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Hadn’t realised that was the case. Other than the Falkirk game (their fans were behind the goal) it’s been the Jackie Husband stand for both sets of fans all season.  Unless Thistle have asked/recommended it this time around?

Was the first QP Airdrie game in the league when their was still restrictions on crowd size? Can’t remember.

Pretty sure it was full crowds albeit still recommending  sitting 2m apart, 

These games have little enough atmosphere as it is..

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Hadn’t realised that was the case.

I was at these games and pretty sure there were no restrictions. Think they came in from the December decisions. Having experienced the Colin Weir stand last week it was a return to the 1960s in seat space and toilet facilities .( Otherwise a great decade) As to the game I think another draw is likely.