Clyde vs Alloa Athletic

Any suggestion that we might be capable of building on a good effort against Celtic dispelled by an abysmal start to the game. Clyde deserved to go ahead and that 20 mins or so was easily the best I've seen from them over the three games. They offered very little after that but working hard and having a good keeper (think I recognised him) was enough. 

Wasn't out worst performance and Riley-Snow had a decent debut but we're way past looking for positives in defeat at this stage. To inherit a good nucleus with a cracking budget to add to it yet to go into February without a win since October and sitting joint 9th is some effort. As is losing 3 out of 3 to a Clyde side with a far smaller budget. The longer Ferguson is at Alloa the more likely our relegation becomes. 

Fair play to Clyde, really turned their season around and not too far away from securing safety. 

Edited by Waspie

What do you do when you are chasing an equaliser, you take off your biggest threat and MOTM for me Kevin Cawley ,

The man has a screw loose

lose the next game and we are done for .

Edited by Vegetableman

First 20 mins we were a match for anyone, so impressed with the performance. Fell away a bit but ground out the result. Really impressed with McAllister, thought he was excellent.

Great to see Falkirk dropping points too. Massive game next week, to get seven points from a possible nine would be incredible.

First 20 mins or so is the best that I've seen us play this season. Decent football, good movement and creating chances.

Reverted type after they, no idea why. Fair play to the lads and Lennon they've dug out another result. They are certainly making me eat my words as I thought we would be down the bottom with East Fife. We've won today without Cuddihy, Cummingham, Gomis and a fit Goodwillie too. Who would all normally start.

Very similar to the Queens Park game with the opposition having plenty of the ball. Alloa did create a few more chances than Queens Park but Parry pulled off some great saves.

After having not scored from a free kick for ages, that I can remember, that's one against Peterhead and two today.

Crazy to think we are a point off the promotion play offs. Fingers crossed we get another result next week as its still pretty tight below us in the league.

First half good, especially the first 25. Second half we sat deeper and deeper and looked out on our feet. So many players limping out the stadium after the game. Is it pretty? No. Have we improved? Yes. Results clearly show this and this group are giving everything and more.

Mon the fitba team!

Started really well scored then got deeper and deeper. 
Defended basically rest of the game, I think 2-3 of the players are running at 80% fitness so hopefully some of the other injured players get back soon. Goodwillie obviously injured but still did more in his time on the field than Jones.

Great shift from everyone today and McAllister looks a great addition. Rumsby and Elsdon were under pressure most of the game and held really firm for most of the game. 

Mention for Docherty, has been terrific in last few weeks and credit to him given the stick he got earlier on in the season, obviously been a real player in his day. Having Livingston in front of him has worked really well.

Great 3 points. Alloa are displaying typical Ferguson side, loads of possession and zero end product. No changes of set up to change game and baffling substitutions. 

Did anyone notice when clyde scored the 2nd  Neil parry giving it towards the alloa dugout  ?

quite right too . 

Barry ferguson will hang on till he is pushed , he knows that if he walks away his managerial career at a decent level is  over .

24 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Did anyone notice when clyde scored the 2nd  Neil parry giving it towards the alloa dugout  ?

quite right too . 

Barry ferguson will hang on till he is pushed , he knows that if he walks away his managerial career at a decent level is  over .

Yes I did notice that mate, he really enjoyed it and who could blame him the way he was treated by ferguson. Ironic he plays a blinder and the guy replacing him is at fault for the 2 goals, what was he thinking ay the 2nd, I said to my mate look at the room Huttons leaving, and the free kick wasn't even near the post it was pretty central and he made an arse of it 

We will be stuck with barry until he decides otherwise as he won't be fired