Pub Set to Change its 'Racist' name in Linlithgow

steve55

18 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

On names, Pat Bonnar’s other nickname leaves me a bit baffled. Yes, it’s just a nickname to him but for people who have grown up getting abused with the “P” word it must be a bit troubling if they hear it being used.

I can’t remember the exact story but I remember in the Daily Records old football insert on a Monday, the Winner, they did have a wee page with funny stuff from around the world of football. As part of this there was a story that had something to do with a goalkeeper and either a corner kick or a corner shop and below it the quip was something like “they should’ve signed Packie Bonnar”. I remember reading it as a young teenager thinking it was a bit close to the bone (even back then late 90s) and the next week they posted an apology.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

Alistair Old, who leads the campaign to retain the pub’s name, challenged the scope of Greene King’s consultation with local people and said that the action committee planned to hold a town meeting “on what appropriate action to take in the face of this appalling insult to Linlithgow”.

Get a fucking life

Its just a pub name

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Alistair Old, who leads the campaign to retain the pub’s name, challenged the scope of Greene King’s consultation with local people and said that the action committee planned to hold a town meeting “on what appropriate action to take in the face of this appalling insult to Linlithgow”.

Get a fucking life

Its just a pub name

Knowing people from Linlithgow, they do take their history and traditions seriously. I would have thought the best way for them to deal with this going forward is to just boycott the pub. There are lots of other good pubs in the town, with the nearest one being just next door, so if no one uses the pub, then the owners might get the message.

Knowing people from Linlithgow, they do take their history and traditions seriously. I would have thought the best way for them to deal with this going forward is to just boycott the pub. There are lots of other good pubs in the town, with the nearest one being just next door, so if no one uses the pub, then the owners might get the message.
Aye, then GK will drop the price of a pint by 20p and "double up for 99p" and back they will come.