'Well vs Hibees

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

He was absolutely hopeless, might've had something to do with it.

There was two or three 'Well players on him at all times. He was being overmarked, and therefore more useful than Drey Wright has ever been in a Hibs shirt.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

There was two or three 'Well players on him at all times. He was being overmarked, and therefore more useful than Drey Wright has ever been in a Hibs shirt.

His corner that barely made the six yard box a particular highlight of the evening for me.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

His corner that barely made the six yard box a particular highlight of the evening for me.

You didnt think that might have had something to do with the wind? A bit like Van Veens shank in the first half?

Big Brother Ugh GIF by Global TV

15 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Tierney comes on, nutmegs a player with his only touch and then gets subbed off. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that match.

Alexander went back to what he knows. Stuck Maguire back to RCB and went with 5 big guys in midfield and KVV up top. I thought pulling Tierney was the right move. He came on to play up top and he didn't have a spot in the re-shuffle

At least we will have a different midfield for Tynecastle. Donnelly's red was stupid although he was crying out to be hooked as soon as he got a booking. With 5 subs and a load of midfield options I feel like that one also on Alexander. i though he should have pulled KVV after he got a yellow too. No harm in Woolery putting himself about for 5 minutes.

And i thought we missed big Woolery's directness tonight. Shields and Roberts aren't the most threatening pair to play off Van Veen.

Double subbing Tierney was harsh but I could see the logic in it. Bringing him on in an attacking role made sense when we were chasing the game, but after Donnelly sells the jerseys you're then asking a boy making his league debut to play midfield in a ten man team where he's also about half the size of anyone else on the pitch. Not every manager would do that but it's entirely consistent with the way Alexander/Lucketti see the game.

Not the worst 0-0 but nobody deserved to win. It was weird seeing Hibs without Boyle, I found myself expecting to see him haring down the pitch towards our goal a few times.

3 minutes ago, Swami said:

Ross Tierney was lucky tonight, I’d say. 

Tonight was once again proved that a large percentage of football fans don't have a clue about football. 

Booing the decision to take him off is the act of a moron. As harsh as it was for the lad, the last thing you want to be doing when trying to hold on for a point with 10-men, is to have one of them who is about 5ft 2 and 6-stone. Correct decision. 

28 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Tierney comes on, nutmegs a player with his only touch and then gets subbed off. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that match.

A special teams player, no more nutmegs were required, plus you should never put a wee boy out in weather like that.

8 minutes ago, Desp said:

Tonight was once again proved that a large percentage of football fans don't have a clue about football. 

Booing the decision to take him off is the act of a moron. As harsh as it was for the lad, the last thing you want to be doing when trying to hold on for a point with 10-men, is to have one of them who is about 5ft 2 and 6-stone. Correct decision. 

I understood the boos, it is hard to get a crowd to shout in unison ‘nae luck wee man, it’s for the greater good’. The boos were as much in support of the player as they were against the decision.

7 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Also Hibs. What a laugh.

Trying to pass the length of the pitch and achieved nothing.

Only really threatened on the break

3 matches v Motherwell so far, with two of them on your patch.

We have 5 points to your 2 and we were rotten tonight.

What a laugh? I almost pissed myself.......................

I didn’t think KVV looked overly interested at times but I thought his yellow card was a nonsense.  I’m not sure it was a foul, it may have been, but given the keeper was receiving a pass back he was like any other outfield player, none of this special treatment because he is a keeper, you are allowed to challenge him.

In the first minute the ref incorrectly awarded a corner to Hibs.  By everyone’s reaction he knew he had got it wrong but had to stick with his decision.  You could see him looking for an infringement as the ball came in the box, but Hibs only put 3 players up, no stramash at the first challenge, the second header saw two players come together, the ref was able to blow, free kick to Motherwell, sigh of relief, no damage done.  The ref held his hand up to the keeper in apology and big Sol clapped him on the back.  A strange sequence of events.

Just now, Leith Green said:

3 matches v Motherwell so far, with two of them on your patch.

We have 5 points to your 2 and we were rotten tonight.

What a laugh? I almost pissed myself.......................

We shat it on the opening day. Some poor defending and an unlucky penalty. That game was also many months ago though. If you have to look that far back months for an inspired Hibs performance I can't dispute it.

Pissing yourself to keep warm? Because playing like that will have you freezing in your seat for the next wee while. Trying to pass through a team in a howling wind doesn't seem like a good idea.

Both our teams have to find ways to be more effective in attack. I don't even know what you are trying to deflect from here. If you went home happy with that Hibs attacking display then fair enough...

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We shat it on the opening day. Some poor defending and an unlucky penalty. That game was also many months ago though. If you have to look that far back months for an inspired Hibs performance I can't dispute it.

Pissing yourself to keep warm? Because playing like that will have you freezing in your seat for the next wee while. Trying to pass through a team in a howling wind doesn't seem like a good idea.

Both our teams have to find ways to be more effective in attack. I don't even know what you are trying to deflect from here. If you went home happy with that Hibs attacking display then fair enough...

Oh I am not trying to deflect anything m9, I said to you 3 posts up that we were rotten.

I agree with some of your post above, but dont throw out a line and be "faux surprised" when someone bites.