'Well vs Hibees

Feels like quite a big week for us with Hibs and Hearts within the space of a few days. There hasn't been much between us and Hibs this season when we've met although Hibs beat us on the opening day and this tends to be one of the better fixtures to watch in the league.

From our point of view, I think a lot will depend on who is available at the back - an Ojala-Sol partnership would give me a lot more confidence than chucking Jake Carrol in again. The fact that Ojala made the bench on Saturday but wasn't used tells me that he's (frustratingly) not quite there yet but maybe a few days will have changed that.

Midfield, I'd hope Slattery comes back in from the start (although Maguire had a decent game on saturday, he would be the obvious one to drop to the bench). 

I think it is too early for Tierney to be starting but I hope he plays a part again at some stage, so I would assume that Roberts, KVV and Woolery (who I think has been poor for the last couple of games) will start up front.

Boyle being sold is a gift for us as I can't think of a player who has been so consistently good against us over the past few years.

A win here would be a huge boost with a really tough February coming up, so I'll go for a narrow 'Well win here...

We are suffering from not playing (or being able to play) a settled back four. Agree we need to consider dropping Woolery and I’d hope we persist with Shields for a start and replace him with Tierney later in the game. Hibs are no great shakes but neither are we since the restart so I suspect this might be a draw. Given what lies ahead next month we could do with the three points though

If we've any ambition of getting a Top 4 spot (or even Top 6!) we need to try and get three points here.  It won't be easy, and although both teams went to extra time in their cup ties, Hibs have had 48 hours more recovery time.  So we'll need to get our noses in front first as I don't see us doing well having to chase the game against this Hibs side.

As has been said, hopefully Ojala makes and we can get him and Sol fit and playing for a sustained period over the next six weeks or so.  Slattery absolutely needs to be back in that midfield.  I think with Donnelly's lack of game time over the last 18 months, I wonder if we'll see him dipped in and out over this busy run of fixtures.  Slattery/Maguire/Goss will do for me.  I'm certain we'll see KvV start this one after Saturday, and I think GA will go with the pace and power of Roberts & Woolery alongside him.

Optimistic head on and I'll say 2-0 Motherwell.  Cadden (o.g) x2. 

Very hacked off at our consistent stream of away games midweek.

A little check has told me that we’ve only played 3 away games this season at 3pm on a Saturday, with only another 1 before the split to follow, annoyed to be missing this but a freezing cold Wednesday night really doesn’t tempt me.

Rumour has it that Melkersen has been injured in a bounce game (and probably doesn’t have a work permit yet anyway) so I can’t imagine there’ll be lots of changes from the Cove game, although McGinn will be back which means one less player playing out of position.

I think if we lose this there’s a huge chance of us finishing bottom 6 but if we win there’s a huge chance of us finishing in Europe, a really huge game at this point of the season.

My guess is the team will be:

Macey

Hanlon   Bushiri   McGinn

Doig      Newell     Doyle-Hayes     Cadden

Mueller       Henderson

Nisbet

Its definitely not how I would pick it mind  you, totally fed up of watching Newell and Doyle-Hayes’ sideward passing and the less said about our prima-donna p***k up front the better.

We could really do with winning this but I would probably take a draw right now.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Feels like quite a big week for us with Hibs and Hearts within the space of a few days. There hasn't been much between us and Hibs this season when we've met although Hibs beat us on the opening day and this tends to be one of the better fixtures to watch in the league.

From our point of view, I think a lot will depend on who is available at the back - an Ojala-Sol partnership would give me a lot more confidence than chucking Jake Carrol in again. The fact that Ojala made the bench on Saturday but wasn't used tells me that he's (frustratingly) not quite there yet but maybe a few days will have changed that.

Midfield, I'd hope Slattery comes back in from the start (although Maguire had a decent game on saturday, he would be the obvious one to drop to the bench). 

I think it is too early for Tierney to be starting but I hope he plays a part again at some stage, so I would assume that Roberts, KVV and Woolery (who I think has been poor for the last couple of games) will start up front.

Boyle being sold is a gift for us as I can't think of a player who has been so consistently good against us over the past few years.

A win here would be a huge boost with a really tough February coming up, so I'll go for a narrow 'Well win here...

It's like a wee mini-tournament.