Killie v ICT

5 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Do Killie fans still sing a version of the sectarian Rangers song “hello hello”?

If they do, are decent Killie fans not ashamed ? 

That is SO boring, change the record, track, cassette or whatever's cool these days.

19 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Do Killie fans still sing a version of the sectarian Rangers song “hello hello”?

If they do, are decent Killie fans not ashamed ? 

Any more plans for St Mirren to whore out retail space to Celtic?

Now jog on ya dry w**k

I thought that was a pretty poor game with one of the rare flashes of quality being the difference. Slack play from Sutherland leads to a chance for MacKay to whip in a wonderful cross for Lafferty to easily finish from a few yards out. 

Apart from this move I didn't think Killie created too much of note that troubled Ridgers. Unfortunately for us we created even less of note. Some long range efforts that went wide from Chalmers and Pearson (I think) and that was it. In the second half we seemed to have a couple of better opportunities to draw level. One of the Killie players made a hash of trying to shield the ball out of play and it looked like McAlear picked his pocket but he couldn't find a team mate to finish off the move.

Most of the game seemed to be use trying to get a move going only to end up lumping it towards Sutherland or Hardy and neither of them looked particularly useful holding the ball up. None of the new signings stood out but that was only their first start or full game for us. Pearson and Chalmers could be useful for us but I don't think we got the ball to them enough to show what they can do.

On the plus side McAlear and Welsh turned in decent showings in the middle of the pitch and Deas (with Broadfoot) kept Lafferty pretty quiet for the time he was on the pitch save for the goal. 

You can see an improvement in the Killie side even if they didn't seem that impressive. Much more solid at the back and more threatening going forward. They've still to fully click into gear but a couple of more weeks and surely they'll look a more threatening side for what remains of the campaign.

An improving Morton team is a tricky test next weekend. Can't say I am looking forward to it.

Edited by RiG

Broadfoot was a fucking w**k last season and a big part of why we went down. I was really looking for the team to exact "revenge" of a sort in those two previous games. Instead we didnt lay a glove on him. 

Broadfoot trying to noise Lafferty up early doors, losing him for the winning goal, trying to blame his team mate, then having an absolute fucking heads gone at some Killie fans in the East Stand for giving him pelters, before going over to the referee to have a little cry about it, is everything I paid my admission fee for. The definition of schadenfreude. 

57 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Broadfoot was a fucking w**k last season and a big part of why we went down. I was really looking for the team to exact "revenge" of a sort in those two previous games. Instead we didnt lay a glove on him. 

Broadfoot trying to noise Lafferty up early doors, losing him for the winning goal, trying to blame his team mate, then having an absolute fucking heads gone at some Killie fans in the East Stand for giving him pelters, before going over to the referee to have a little cry about it, is everything I paid my admission fee for. The definition of schadenfreude. 

This 😆.

We are now a different proposition, will be a great achievement getting up first time no matter what the  other fuckwits in this league think and moan about money we are spending. #KTID

From that showing, Killie do seem a much stronger team after the new signings. They're going to give a few teams a routing. The 1 positive for us was Harper and Duffy put in a very good performance. And our defence held up pretty well. Mackay was well dealt with by Harper.

Up top Dodds seems clueless with his tactics. Again putting Walsh on the left. Pearson looked better there last week, and I think he was less on the right. His new signings have pace but not the composure to hold up play or create a lot from deep. What is the point of pace, if we end up with a front four sitting high up the pitch where we can't use it that much. Billy with MacGregor or Doran controlling play centrally would have been better. But I'm not sure Dodds would set us out like that when they're back.

Really getting frustrated with Dodds now.

17 hours ago, DuntoiRab said:

That is SO boring, change the record, track, cassette or whatever's cool these days.

Just stick up a picture of ra Srllick, err , their club shop, that'll teach this tedious wannabe. Probably a Stewart Dickson sock account.

13 hours ago, the west curve said:

No . Killie fans sing a version of  an American marching song and did so long before the old Ranger’s fans added sectarian words to OUR song. 

Humblebrag I know, but it is heartrending listening to that tune in the Lincoln Memorial Museum while the casualties pile upon screen and realising how futile, yet neccessary, that conflict was. Then over here we have grown men wearing matching jaikits while rejoicing over child murderers or spilling bile about child abuse in order to think that they are somehow the superior ones, Deity*of your choice fucking wept.

*I know they have the exact same Deity,that,somehow, makes it even more tragic.

Edited by Moomintroll
Sleppnign

JFC. Just seen the goal back. The cross from MacKay is as good as I remember but any chance we could try and defend it? Lafferty chilling in far too much space to finish that chance.

JFC. Just seen the goal back. The cross from MacKay is as good as I remember but any chance we could try and defend it? Lafferty chilling in far too much space to finish that chance.
MacKay plays the ball past your full back beautifully and bangs in a peach of a cross. I agree with you on the defending- those boys in the area want their pay docking. Lafferty had all the time in the world to bury that - even though it wasn't at an ideal height for him, and he did finish it nicely.

22 hours ago, RiG said:

I thought that was a pretty poor game with one of the rare flashes of quality being the difference. Slack play from Sutherland leads to a chance for MacKay to whip in a wonderful cross for Lafferty to easily finish from a few yards out. 

Apart from this move I didn't think Killie created too much of note that troubled Ridgers. Unfortunately for us we created even less of note. Some long range efforts that went wide from Chalmers and Pearson (I think) and that was it. In the second half we seemed to have a couple of better opportunities to draw level. One of the Killie players made a hash of trying to shield the ball out of play and it looked like McAlear picked his pocket but he couldn't find a team mate to finish off the move.

Most of the game seemed to be use trying to get a move going only to end up lumping it towards Sutherland or Hardy and neither of them looked particularly useful holding the ball up. None of the new signings stood out but that was only their first start or full game for us. Pearson and Chalmers could be useful for us but I don't think we got the ball to them enough to show what they can do.

On the plus side McAlear and Welsh turned in decent showings in the middle of the pitch and Deas (with Broadfoot) kept Lafferty pretty quiet for the time he was on the pitch save for the goal. 

You can see an improvement in the Killie side even if they didn't seem that impressive. Much more solid at the back and more threatening going forward. They've still to fully click into gear but a couple of more weeks and surely they'll look a more threatening side for what remains of the campaign.

An improving Morton team is a tricky test next weekend. Can't say I am looking forward to it.

I'd say this is a pretty fair summation of it. While we had good spells where we had some chances to add to our goal, we were hardly battering the door down - we did pretty well to handle the late attacks from Inverness though. MacKay's cross was probably the best bit of skill in the whole game, and he'll be a big player for us for the rest of the season. The way the game went seemed to me like a mirror image of the first game between us at RP when ICT scored early and we couldn't do anything about it for the whole game.

Rory McKenzie deserves a lot of credit too, that's two very good performances in a row now. I've not been his biggest fan at times, but I think the guidance of McInnes is paying off and he deserved his MOTM. Always happy for a player to prove me wrong, and this is one of those cases. The only player I've yet to see any improvement from is Oli Shaw who looks to have no bottle when it comes to taking chances (especially one-on-ones) but hopefully with a bit more time that will change. On to Arbroath now and crossing another ground off my list.

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

The way the game went seemed to me like a mirror image of the first game between us at RP when ICT scored early and we couldn't do anything about it for the whole game.

I actually thought much the same yesterday heading back after the game. That said, having refreshed my mind with the Killie highlights you had some other decent chances after you scored. I don't recall that many chances for us in the same fixture earlier this season. Quite change turnaround on show from both sides yesterday.  

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Rory McKenzie deserves a lot of credit too, that's two very good performances in a row now. I've not been his biggest fan at times, but I think the guidance of McInnes is paying off and he deserved his MOTM.

Yeah MacKenzie was good yesterday. I think it was him that had the shot that Ridgers did well to palm away. Still can't believe Shaw missed that open goal towards the end as well :lol: 

Another who's really surprised me is Jack Sanders since Del arrived, he came off yesterday at half time due to feeling unwell but he stressed it was nothing to do with his performance.

He also went on to say, he's done really well since I came in, delighted in fact, raw but has really good atributes, quickness and a decent user of the ball.

I get the impression Del really likes him and is looking forward to coaching and developing him.  Playing besides Ash Taylor should help also as he's been absolutely immense since joining us.

Edited by C4mmy31

10 hours ago, RiG said:

Still can't believe Shaw missed that open goal towards the end as well :lol: 

Oh, we can believe it. I think it’s written into his contract that he has to fluff one sitter per game. 

Edited by Fide

On 28/01/2022 at 00:08, Doran's Sporran said:

Can you confirm what Killie must do? Sorry I've had to ask a question but I just feel you haven't made it 100% clear.

I must say it was a pleasure doing business with you. We must meet again soon.