Edinburgh clubs both at home

CM.

23 hours ago, CM. said:

BBC have Hearts and Hibs both pencilled in at home at 3pm this Saturday coming. Firstly, is that correct? And secondly, when did that last happen?

Both same time:

Tuesday 24th November 2020     Hibs 2-2 St Johnstone (Premiership - 7pm)     Hearts 3-0 Alloa (Championship - 7pm)

Both same Saturday:

Saturday 7th May 2016     Hearts 1-1 Ross County (Premiership - 3pm)     Hibs 2-0 Raith (Premiership Playoff QF 2nd Leg - 12:30pm)

Both same time on same Saturday:

Saturday 12th January 2008     Hearts 2-2 Motherwell (Scottish Cup R4 - 3pm)     Hibs 3-0 Inverness (Scottish Cup R4 - 3pm)

Both same time on same Saturday in league:

Saturday 21st September 2002     Hearts 2-0 Dundee Utd (SPL - 3pm)     Hibs 2-0 Kilmarnock (SPL - 3pm)

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It happened last season, but obviously that was without supporters. The last time they both played at the same time was 1st September 1979 - both in the League Cup. Dundee beat Cowdenbeath 3-1 and United beat Airdrie 2-0.

Interesting... I genuinely thought there'd been an example more recently than that involving cup-ties/lower level game.

Technically speaking it has happened much more recently. I was at the twice-held-over Forfarshire Cup Final 2011-12... Dundee Utd v St Johnstone at Tannadice on Tuesday 27th August 2013 (visitors won on penalties)... and I'm positive Dundee were also at home. I can remember Richard Gordon remarking about it on the radio. I'm guessing it must've been an early round League or Challenge cup tie.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting... I genuinely thought there'd been an example more recently than that involving cup-ties/lower level game.

Technically speaking it has happened much more recently. I was at the twice-held-over Forfarshire Cup Final 2011-12... Dundee Utd v St Johnstone at Tannadice on Tuesday 27th August 2013 (visitors won on penalties)... and I'm positive Dundee were also at home. I can remember Richard Gordon remarking about it on the radio. I'm guessing it must've been an early round League or Challenge cup tie.

I was at Tannadice and I'm pretty sure it was through the day. Sure I bunked off work to go.

Dundee game was evening kick off

August. Light nights playing with my memory.

Now I'm going to have to trawl the arab archive to dig out a reserve/Forfarshire cup game v St Johnstone I definitely attended through the day 

ETA found it and now I wish I hadn't 

Screenshot_20220204-231714_Chrome.jpg

Edited by invergowrie arab