St Mirren vs Kelty Hearts, 12.02.22 k/o TBD

Coventry Saint

FT 4-0
Routine progression in the end. Probably over estimated Kelty in the build up due to their performance in the last round. Did St Johnstone really lose their cup to a team like that? What humiliation.
The game went as you’d expect a game between a mid table Premiership side at home to a League 2 side to go. Apart from a shaky opening we controlled the match throughout, scored some good goals and won the match comfortably. Could have won by more, if we were arsed.
Good to see washed up duds like Tidser, O’Ware and Cardle get the pish ripped out them for 90 minutes. Remember when teams with those guys in it were competitive against us? Man alive.
Thought our best players were Kiltie and Jones. Lot of space in between the lines and they ran riot throughout. Defence never got tested, but still it’s yet another clean sheet. Good to see Greive get on the scoresheet again too, the lad never stops working and deserved it.
Next, and a good draw in the quarters please.

51 minutes ago, Lex said:

Good to see washed up duds like Tidser, O’Ware and Cardle get the pish ripped out them for 90 minutes.

Agree 100%.

Cardle is still a diving cheat (he suckered Dallas more than once) and O'Ware was hilarious repeatedly wanting to fight with his other defenders. Kelty Hearts progress will be short-lived as long as that clown plays for them.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Agree 100%.

Cardle is still a diving cheat (he suckered Dallas more than once) and O'Ware was hilarious repeatedly wanting to fight with his other defenders. Kelty Hearts progress will be short-lived as long as that clown plays for them.

Brave man, that big bald one would eat him for breakfast. 

Good second half performance. Fraser is a very good player for us but was having a nightmare first half and Kiltie is not a winger. What a difference when we changed things around in the second half. Good to see McCarthy back again.

And a great turnout by Kelty fans. Hope they enjoyed their day in sunny Paisley.

I thought we were very poor in the first half, so much so it reminded me of the home game versus Dundee. Still, we came alive in the second half and deserved our 4-0 win. 

I need to see Jordan Jones' goal again, as it looked an absolute peach. 

Besides the goals, the highlight of the game for me, given I was sitting close to the dugout, was Kevin Thomson being a gentleman and picking up some litter that had blown onto the pitch and being called a 'bin raider' by the vocal guy in my section. Top class banter.  

Well that was a very comfortable win and done in a very professional manner.

Jordan Jones hit was a thing of sheer Beauty, and great to see young Greive grab another goal. Gregg Kiltie just gets better with every passing game. 

How did St Johnstone manage to lose at Kelty ffs 😂

Jordan Jones hit was a thing of sheer Beauty, and great to see young Greive grab another goal. Gregg Kiltie just gets better with every passing game. 
How did St Johnstone manage to lose at Kelty ffs [emoji23]
Came to post exactly the same. My thoughts exactly.

26 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

How did St Johnstone manage to lose at Kelty ffs 😂

The Fermers lost because they are a relegation haunted bunch of donkeys. 

51 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Great day out , Saints fully deserved the win , good luck in the quarters 👏🏼👏🏼

A good turn out from your mob. I hope you had a safe journey back home and made some great memories. You had a good run and made the headlines when you knocked out the Saintees...but the real Saints were always going to be too much for you. :)

@tree house tam

4 hours ago, Lex said:

Erhahon on for Power and McCarthy on for captain Joe, good to see Conor back. Don’t think he’ll be getting a start any time soon though.

Not for us, but at a bigger club next season though.:(

2 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

A good turn out from your mob. I hope you had a safe journey back home and made some great memories. You had a good run and made the headlines when you knocked out the Saintees...but the real Saints were always going to be too much for you. :)

@tree house tam

Why you tagging me pal?

As he says, good luck in the quarters. 

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Why you tagging me pal?

As he says, good luck in the quarters. 

Apologies, @tree house tam, I thought you'd been bamming us up recently. Maybe getting you confused with someone else*.

*even if you were, that's kind of what this site was designed for. 😉

Good luck to Kelty and all that, but they really were one of the poorest lower league sides we've played over the last few years. I just can't fathom how they beat St Johnstone. 
Kevin Thomson talking utter shite as well. 

First 15 mins of the St Johnstone game, they had 2 pretty decent chances saved, if either had went in would have settled them, already on a very poor run of form, and would have been a different game. After that it was level for a large part of the game but Kelty finished the stronger as we got more belief and St Johnstone started to get more and more nervy of what could be going to happen. An already low on confidence side shat it.

For any League 2 side to beat a top team needs everything to go in our favour…from having the game at home, the opposition to have a big off day and get nervy etc. Need to keep it level for as long as possible and as soon as St Mirren score in first 15 mins your chances diminish even more.

Kelty didn’t do themselves justice yesterday, can play better than that, aside from St Johnstone we ran Dundee Utd v close, at home, first game of the season. But we have produced some poor away performances at Annan and Elgin so it’s no surprise St Mirren was about 4 or 5 steps to far.