Missing people.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

My cousin went to a "psychic evening" at her local pub. Those present - mostly women - parted with fifteen notes to hear this guy and he was apparently useless. 

Said to my cousin that her mother is looking down kindly on her and is very proud of her. My cousin was aware of this, considering she was sat right next to her mother who was next in line for a message from the other side. 

An old acquaintance fell out with me a couple of years ago when I pointed out that some psychic she visited who seemed to know intimate family details probably just read her last years worth of Facebook posts before meeting her.

Edited by Ross.

5 hours ago, Willie adie said:

The Suzi lamplugh case one has always interested me

Same here.....recall she was meeting a Mr Kipper.

Unbelievably I found out a couple of years ago that her brother is living here in rural Aberdeenshire.....in the same village as me.

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I fell out with my mum and told her I was going to run away.

"Where are you going?"

"America, or some of those places".

I think I got to the end of the street...

I thought you were going to say you came back when the water went over the top of your wellingtons!

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Regarding Suzy Lamplugh, is this not a case where they know who did it and the guy is in jail?  This is the lovely chap, he's up for parole this year! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cannan

"John David Guise Cannan (born 20 February 1954)[1][2][failed verification] is a British murderer, serial rapist, serial abductor and suspected serial killer.[3] Cannan, a former car salesman"

Say what you like, but he was the best salesman around in those days.

Regarding Suzy Lamplugh, is this not a case where they know who did it and the guy is in jail?  This is the lovely chap, he's up for parole this year! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cannan
"John David Guise Cannan (born 20 February 1954)[1][2][failed verification] is a British murdererserial rapist, serial abductor and suspected serial killer.[3] Cannan, a former car salesman"
Say what you like, but he was the best salesman around in those days.
That's the creature. Horrible barrack room lawyer type as well.* I'm not convinced his continued refusal to admit to this offence will do his parole chances much good, but you never know.

* As in "what do you know? You're only a prison officer." **

**"well, I know I'm going home to some cold beer, a warm bed and a hot wife. How's your evening looking?" (petty, I know but Fūck him)

If ye ever want to waste a few hours at work the wiki pages for these are a right rabbit hole

Category:Missing people - Wikipedia

Lists of people who disappeared - Wikipedia

and for those who like a bit more closure to their mysteries: List of solved missing person cases - Wikipedia

32 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What an utter nasty piece of work he is - if DNA had ben around earlier I am sure some of those murders may have been avoided.

Something completely unexepected that I learnt from that Wikipedia entry was that the Quantock hills actually exist - Banks's naked, decomposed body was found in a stream by a woman, collecting moss, six months after her disappearance, on Easter Sunday (3 April 1988) in the Quantock hills, at a site named "Dead Woman's Ditch", part of an Iron Age camp at Dowsborough.[10][15][21]

I always assumed that the "Quantocks" was a made up name in an episode of Peep Show.....vaguely remember reference to dead womans ditch too when Jeremy and Mark go missing - Quantocking | Peep Show Wiki | Fandom

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

What an utter nasty piece of work he is - if DNA had ben around earlier I am sure some of those murders may have been avoided.

Something completely unexepected that I learnt from that Wikipedia entry was that the Quantock hills actually exist - Banks's naked, decomposed body was found in a stream by a woman, collecting moss, six months after her disappearance, on Easter Sunday (3 April 1988) in the Quantock hills, at a site named "Dead Woman's Ditch", part of an Iron Age camp at Dowsborough.[10][15][21]

I always assumed that the "Quantocks" was a made up name in an episode of Peep Show.....vaguely remember reference to dead womans ditch too when Jeremy and Mark go missing - Quantocking | Peep Show Wiki | Fandom

I can only assume this means you are not a "Half Man Half Biscuit" fan.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Psychics are scum.  I know someone who had a traumatic bereavement and one of their 'friends' bought them a consultation with a psychic to 'talk to' the person that just died.  Absolutely fucking ghouls.  They were probably hoping the police, in desperation, agreed to speak to them so they could publicise their business by saying they've consulted with police on missing person investigations.

Absolutely. One of the only time I'll agree with ICTory Chris

35 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

When I was around 14 my best mates uncle disappeared from his flat in Edinburgh, Alan Robertson was his name, never been heard of or seen since.

34 years and not a trace.

He's shagging yer da.

I'll break yer jaw, if he was found dead. STOP it being a c**t. 

You make joke...I'm not. 24,000 people are reported missing every year. YOU ENJOY THAT CALL.. (from the loved ones)