Missing people.

50 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Someone I know is quite heavily involved with the Alice Byrne search and they were telling me they've had 3 or 4 psychics call in to offer their expert advice

Surely their expert advice is her exact location?

The fact they call up when folk are going through hell not only shows that they know f**k all about other folks lives they are also unable to identify their own self awareness.

Psychics are scum.  I know someone who had a traumatic bereavement and one of their 'friends' bought them a consultation with a psychic to 'talk to' the person that just died.  Absolutely fucking ghouls.  They were probably hoping the police, in desperation, agreed to speak to them so they could publicise their business by saying they've consulted with police on missing person investigations.

10 hours ago, maicoman said:

Always wondered what happened to that young kid from Irvine that vanished about 50 year a go just because it was so close to us and i was just a kid myself when it happened

Some wummin came forward about.. ten year ago? Saying she was around the same age as that wean from the same area and there was a slightly older lassie, in her early teens, who tricked her into going into a secluded area and tortured her a bit and was kinda known for doing it to other young weans. A sorta Mary Bell style thing. I presume the Polis looked into it and nothing ever came of it but still a weird yin. 

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Surely their expert advice is her exact location?

The fact they call up when folk are going through hell not only shows that they know f**k all about other folks lives they are also unable to identify their own self awareness.

These were very much more in the "she's within three miles of this location" or "there's someone on a bench in this park in Birmingham that knows something" so I think more extremely unwell people/attention seekers rather than the scum @ICTChris described 

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

These were very much more in the "she's within three miles of this location" or "there's someone on a bench in this park in Birmingham that knows something" so I think more extremely unwell people/attention seekers rather than the scum @ICTChris described 

So fraudsters and a complete waste of police time and taxpayers money then. 

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yeah, I guess that's something that happens with all missing person investigations.  

Edited by ICTChris

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Have any P&B’rs ever run away before? I’ve been tempted in the past if only to see the description put out. ‘Fat, not as old as he looks and should not be approached’.

You would be easily found by the trail of nurse photos tbf.

11 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I always laugh at the social media 'appeals' that you usually see on a Sunday afternoon for a lassie who went out the night before and hasn't come home. 

Calm down, she's getting pumped, she'll be home in time for Match of the Day 2 but her fanny will be absolutely howling.

Ffs Magee.

Suppose, it's better than saying to randoms on the Internet that their not getting their hole.

Baby steps and all that, freak.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

The vast majority of people that go missing round these parts are reported as "last seen leaving the party/pub/caravan park in good spirits at 2am"

They're usually found washed up a couple of miles downstream after apparently falling off bridges. 

Rivers are b*****ds: a cautionary tale. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Psychics are scum.  I know someone who had a traumatic bereavement and one of their 'friends' bought them a consultation with a psychic to 'talk to' the person that just died.  Absolutely fucking ghouls.  They were probably hoping the police, in desperation, agreed to speak to them so they could publicise their business by saying they've consulted with police on missing person investigations.

Lost the head with my sister with this after mu mum died.

The fact was lost on her that if these c***s could speak to the dead, why would you charge 60£ a fucking pop and not just do it to help someone in distress.

Utter fucking wretches.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My cousin went to a "psychic evening" at her local pub. Those present - mostly women - parted with fifteen notes to hear this guy and he was apparently useless. 

Said to my cousin that her mother is looking down kindly on her and is very proud of her. My cousin was aware of this, considering she was sat right next to her mother who was next in line for a message from the other side. 

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Said to my cousin that her mother is looking down kindly on her and is very proud of her. My cousin was aware of this, considering she was sat right next to her mother who was next in line for a message from the other side. 

Weird to go to the pub and sit on a lifeguards chair.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Have any P&B’rs ever run away before? I’ve been tempted in the past if only to see the description put out. ‘Fat, not as old as he looks and should not be approached’.

I'm scared they mention my low IQ. We still had official tests when I as at school but I got fed up and guessed all the answers.

ETA. I still do it now in e-learning.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My uncle had a row with his mum and shouted that he was running away. Half an hour later the back door opened and he came in crying saying, "A fell!" 

39 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My uncle had a row with his mum and shouted that he was running away. Half an hour later the back door opened and he came in crying saying, "A fell!" 

I fell out with my mum and told her I was going to run away.

"Where are you going?"

"America, or some of those places".

I think I got to the end of the street...