What's Cup: the EOS League Cup 2021-22

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Semi-Finals
Whitehill v Tranent - 31st May
Linlithgow v Crossgates (presumably 1st June as the Rose are playing on the Sunday)

Whitehill (yes Whitehill have stumbled upon a semi final). :whistle

Massive credit to Andrew who hasnt had it easy since coming in.

Great result to keep the season going. 👏

I think I've said before looking forward to what we can do next season but if youd said a few months ago wed be in a semi final I'd have said you were on something. 

Mon the Welfare!! 

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I think I've said before looking forward to what we can do next season but if youd said a few months ago wed be in a semi final I'd have said you were on something. 

Mon the Welfare!! 

Congratulations to Whitehill, always knew it would be a difficult game for Broxburn. 
Was gutted for the 9 man Broxburn team who almost made it to penalties. 
Good luck against Tranent 👍

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Mon the Welfare!! 

Was quite a game last night. Went along as a neutral and fair enjoyed it. 

Hard lines on 9 man Broxburn but they kind of brought it on theirselves with the constant berating of the ref, from both the players and the dugout.  No doubt that the ref had a poor night (nothing more so than seemingly forgetting to start his watch at kick off and having to re-start the game) but you need to keep your discipline.

From a Whitehill perspective was impressed with the no. 6 in midfield and Ricky Miller's 'physique' continues to be at complete odds with his passing ability and general reading of the game - he was outstanding.

Extra time meant getting home a wee bit late, but as above, really enjoyed the game.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Was quite a game last night. Went along as a neutral and fair enjoyed it. 

Hard lines on 9 man Broxburn but they kind of brought it on theirselves with the constant berating of the ref, from both the players and the dugout.  No doubt that the ref had a poor night (nothing more so than seemingly forgetting to start his watch at kick off and having to re-start the game) but you need to keep your discipline.

From a Whitehill perspective was impressed with the no. 6 in midfield and Ricky Miller's 'physique' continues to be at complete odds with his passing ability and general reading of the game - he was outstanding.

Extra time meant getting home a wee bit late, but as above, really enjoyed the game.

Partly agree with the discipline issues but for both the players sent off in normal time their first bookings were abysmal.  But for experienced players the second ones were criminal by them as in both cases there was no danger.

No complaints about the 3rd sending off at the death but the game was over then.

Pitch was poor but ironically from helping Whitehill at 11 v 11 by levelling the standard.  It probably helped the nine men of Broxburn to level the odds (and played a part in their equaliser).

Whitehill have a number of decent players, but if 5 go down it will be a real struggle to come back up.  

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Pitch was poor but ironically from helping Whitehill at 11 v 11 by levelling the standard.  It probably helped the nine men of Broxburn to level the odds (and played a part in their equaliser).

Whitehill have a number of decent players, but if 5 go down it will be a real struggle to come back up.  

Pitch was poor ?

Howay man same for both teams,deal with it, its traditionally a grass game bud. 

For the time of the year it's the best I've seen it looking in years.

The club have spent a lot of money to get it to where it's at,it's not just a case of turning up for a plastic surface. :P

I think we'll do ok next season,its gonnae be an expensive one for sure wi all the trips to Fife and Perthshire though. 

5 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Partly agree with the discipline issues but for both the players sent off in normal time their first bookings were abysmal.  But for experienced players the second ones were criminal by them as in both cases there was no danger.

Am I right in thinking the second red was for the player who got booked for 'diving' even though (by complete accident) he got wiped out by a Whitehill player?

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

Am I right in thinking the second red was for the player who got booked for 'diving' even though (by complete accident) he got wiped out by a Whitehill player?

Yes - didn’t think it was a penalty. As you say an accident but never a dive which is what he was booked for.  Similar with the other players first booking.  Has his arms outstretched about 40 yards from goal and the ball gets drilled against him from about 8 yards.  Free kick yes but booking no!  No issues with both second bookings they were deserved and stupid.

50 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Very Bumpy and uneven, just ask your goalie 😊

Yip our team of full time ground staff forgot to switch the sprinklers on. 

Fs having a pop at a park that's run by volunteers,its fitba in May after a long season maybes if you kept 11 on the park you might have fared better. ;)

Just sayin likes now until we meet again........ :P

53 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yip our team of full time ground staff forgot to switch the sprinklers on. 

Fs having a pop at a park that's run by volunteers,its fitba in May after a long season maybes if you kept 11 on the park you might have fared better. ;)

Just sayin likes now until we meet again........ :P

I’ll miss the trip to Rosewell next season always a tight game.  While I’m gutted Broxburn went out, a part of me is pleased for Whitehill players, fans an volunteers / committee.  

I know how hard they must work to get a team on the park and at least in a difficult season the cup has brought them something to smile about.

Genuinely wish you well next season, it will be tough 👍

The seems to be forgotten about cup plays out the 2nd semi final tonight between Whitehill and Tranent 1930 at Rosewell. All welcome. Winners play Linlithgow on Sunday. Not sure of venue yet for Sunday but will kick off at 1 o c. 

Edited by newcastle broon