West of Scotland Premier Champions

Hey folks HNY to you all

Question and I'm sure the answer is below but couldn't find it.

All Hypothetically as season is far from finished

But if Pollok won the West of Scotland Premier to become Champions, if they are not licensed,  I take it they cannot be put forward to go into the playoffs to see who joins the Lowland league as over all playoff champions.
If  Pollok did win and Auchinleck Talbot finished second, could Talbot be put forward by the WOS to play in the playoffs ?

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey folks HNY to you all

Question and I'm sure the answer is below but couldn't find it.

All Hypothetically as season is far from finished

But if Pollok won the West of Scotland Premier to become Champions, if they are not licensed,  I take it they cannot be put forward to go into the playoffs to see who joins the Lowland league as over all playoff champions.
If  Pollok did win and Auchinleck Talbot finished second, could Talbot be put forward by the WOS to play in the playoffs ?

No who just mean the eos league winners would play the LL play off place in final. 

Mon the papers 

6 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

No who just mean the eos league winners would play the LL play off place in final. 

Mon the papers 

Don’t think that’s right either.  LL sides go straight down(if the maths requires it, they can be saved with LL side beating a League 2 side going into the HL).  

I think rules are all licensed tier 6 sides can go up,  if it’s 1 side they go up, if it’s 2 sides they have 2 leg head to head play off,  if it’s 3 you play the other 2 single leg.

Edited by parsforlife

29 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers 

I thought it was South , East and West champions played each other and the best team of the three went up.

In this case St Cuthberts Wanders would play Penicuik to decide who went up in the event of Pollok not having a license

Edited by Eric's Cantina

Mon the papers 
Incorrect, the Lowland League sides are not involved in the Lower Pyramid Play-Off. The LL's bottom team is automatically relegated.

People should not make any assumptions about Pollok not having their licence in time.

Incorrect, the Lowland League sides are not involved in the Lower Pyramid Play-Off. The LL's bottom team is automatically relegated.

People should not make any assumptions about Pollok not having their licence in time.
Just read elsewhere that their application for floodlights has been approved. And works on a toilet block were underway when I was there at the beginning of the month

Whoever finishes in 14th place in the WoSFL Premier Division will be hoping that the champions have their licence and win the play-off. With it looking extremely unlikely that any team will be relegated into the WoSFL from the LL this summer, if the WoSFL champions win the play-off then only 6 teams would be relegated from the Premier Division to the new First Division. So the 14th placed team's league status for 2022-23 would be decided by the WoSFL champions' licence status and performance in the play-offs if they are eligible to compete in them.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Whoever finishes in 14th place in the WoSFL Premier Division will be hoping that the champions have their licence and win the play-off. With it looking extremely unlikely that any team will be relegated into the WoSFL from the LL this summer, if the WoSFL champions win the play-off then only 6 teams would be relegated from the Premier Division to the new First Division. So the 14th placed team's league status for 2022-23 would be decided by the WoSFL champions' licence status and performance in the play-offs if they are eligible to compete in them.

That could be an agonising wait :(

10 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Lights don't necessarily need to be installed by that deadline as far as I know, as long as the plans are in place to have it done by the time of the AGM which is when an application would be officially rubber stamped.

In 2020 the licensing department needed evidence of Haddington's lights being operational on 25th February ahead of the licensing committee meeting the following day. I recall there was an month extension last year, as Darvel got their lights up in March. Maybe things are different this year but if not then you don't have long...

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Very interesting I wasn’t aware of that. So “hypathetically” if Talbot win the league and win the play off, therefore going up then the team in 14th isn’t relegated? And they wouldn’t know that until the east south west play off is complete? Final question does what is the format for the play off between west south and east? 

Very interesting I wasn’t aware of that. So “hypathetically” if Talbot win the league and win the play off, therefore going up then the team in 14th isn’t relegated? And they wouldn’t know that until the east south west play off is complete? Final question does what is the format for the play off between west south and east? 

Round Robin tournament. Each team play each other once, one game at home and one away. Assuming the west and east champion beats the south champion, it will likely be decided by the match between those two. In case of a draw it would go to penalties for the bonus point that would ultimately decide the winner.70dcfde6ac7c65fb2fff3559598d175e.jpg

1 hour ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

Very interesting I wasn’t aware of that. So “hypathetically” if Talbot win the league and win the play off, therefore going up then the team in 14th isn’t relegated? And they wouldn’t know that until the east south west play off is complete?

Well yes, but I don't think 14th will care about being spared relegation even if they have to wait two weeks (assuming the season ends on 14th May).

In 2020 the licensing department needed evidence of Haddington's lights being operational on 25th February ahead of the licensing committee meeting the following day. I recall there was an month extension last year, as Darvel got their lights up in March. Maybe things are different this year but if not then you don't have long...

Better get a move on in that case.