Arbroath vs Thistle - Tuesday March 1st 2022

Just now, Hayshead2 said:

The pitch is fine it's not rained up here for weeks. The wind may or may not decrease.

But what about the poor thistle fans, trains stopping at dundee if they even get that far. All lines closed south of Arbroath so how do they get home again. Call it off now.

2 minutes ago, timlichtie said:
14 minutes ago, timlichtie said:
Wind forecasting is far from an exact science. You can’t postpone a game hours before kick off if there’s any chance of a rapid decrease. Fans would be raging if it was

While I don't disagree as such - the obvious alternative point is that if the game is now postponed at 1:30 or later, or abandoned, then it's just as bad (worse...?) making everyone go through the motions for something that seemed like it would obviously not happen all along. Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess....

Personally, considering the chances of either postponed or abandoned, I'd prefer it was just called off now and done with, but obviously realise it's not as simple as that.

Could be a good thing they’re not coming through , behaviour last time was unacceptable

Yep, Derek Gaston can sleep easily tonight knowing he won’t be persecuted. Wouldn’t be surprised if Gaston is actually engineering this postponement because of vile incident last time out.

23 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So your happy for supporters, officials and players to travel in dangerous conditions? 

How is a pitch inspection going to help that? If they are concerned about dangerous travelling conditions then request a postponement for that reason, not because of the playing conditions.

I would be surprised if there are many games going ahead in Scotland today. I believe the Aberdeen game is soon to be called off. The “just get on with it” crowd obviously don’t have far to travel unlike a lot of fans, and all the players and officials. It’s not just all about kicking a ball.

Edited by Tattie36