Arbroath vs Thistle - Tuesday March 1st 2022

Anything over 15mph has a major effect on the game, over 25mph ruins it as a spectacle and 35mph is goal kicks coming back to the keeper. 
It's forecast for 50+mph at kickoff. They'd have to be wildly wrong for this game to be playable.
That's the current Met office forecast. Could go either way at the moment.

565a3f142cbe3290b4dd6bc7b0734012.jpg

I thought this might be the case - but it's still genuinely unbelievable.

Have the SPFL put a rule in place where a local ref can inspect for snow, waterlogged, frozen pitches etc, but it's not allowed for an inspection to be made for wind prior to 90 minutes before kick off?

Further to this - it's fucking ridiculous to call the game off at 1:30 if that happens. For me, you either call it off before 11, or you start the game. Calling it off at 1:30 would be a fucking insult to basic intelligence. 

4 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Pitch has f**k all to do with it, got to go on the forecast and call it for travelling fans

Exactly, the pitch will be in good nick and will be pretty dry thanks to the 50mph gusts over the last 12 hours. 

I thought this might be the case - but it's still genuinely unbelievable.
Have the SPFL put a rule in place where a local ref can inspect for snow, waterlogged, frozen pitches etc, but it's not allowed for an inspection to be made for wind prior to 90 minutes before kick off?
Further to this - it's fucking ridiculous to call the game off at 1:30 if that happens. For me, you either call it off before 11, or you start the game. Calling it off at 1:30 would be a fucking insult to basic intelligence. 
Yes 1330 is pointless. With the warning ending at 3 your aswell kicking off and seeing what happens.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Surely the point is that the pitch can't change in that amount of time, but the weather can? It would be a bit daft to call a game off because it's windy 5 hours before it's supposed to start.

Yeah but every single forecast for the last two days has said the the wind is going to be very bad until later in the day. That ain’t changing.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Surely the point is that the pitch can't change in that amount of time, but the weather can? It would be a bit daft to call a game off because it's windy 5 hours before it's supposed to start.

That will be their thinking and it kind of makes sense, but I suppose the problem is that it doesn’t consider the fact that players, staff and fans of both clubs will all need to travel well before then for the game in potentially unsafe conditions only for the game to be called off. 

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

So your happy for supporters, officials and players to travel in dangerous conditions? 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

So your happy for supporters, officials and players to travel in dangerous conditions? 

This. I think the SPFL should look at how games are played during weather alerts.

Imo Amber and Red should see games automatically cancelled