Doonhamers vs. Pars "The Massive Six Pointer"

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:
Cannot believe Queens defending for the two goals. Shocking!

Can't you? I wasn't angry or shocked with the first goal. We've seen that kind of woeful defending all season.

It’s really tough to decide which goal annoys me more. Shea Gordon is close enough to Dorrans to avoid the danger once the ball comes over but falls asleep. Nditi and Johnston are probably too far away to do much but both were caught on their heels and Nditi tried to get there but damage was done. 

The second goal infuriates for me for the simple reason that Roy shitebags the block and turns himself side on going in to block the shot. 

it’s just queens doing queens things. 

Twitter awash with calls for manager and board to step away/be sacked but I think these players need to start taking some of the flak. Some just probably aren’t good enough for this level but some really need to be fighting a bit harder for the jersey. 

It’s really tough to decide which goal annoys me more. Shea Gordon is close enough to Dorrans to avoid the danger once the ball comes over but falls asleep. Nditi and Johnston are probably too far away to do much but both were caught on their heels and Nditi tried to get there but damage was done. 

The second goal infuriates for me for the simple reason that Roy shitebags the block and turns himself side on going in to block the shot. 

Twitter awash with calls for manager and board to step away/be sacked but I think these players need to start taking some of the flak. Some just probably aren’t good enough for this level but some really need to be fighting a bit harder for the jersey. 
Sounds like our comments about the Pars a month ago

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

The first one truly is abysmal. I think that is way worse. There is no way we should be scoring from that sort of position if defenders were doing bare minimum, basic defending. Cheers, though. We'll most definitely take it. 

Massive win for us yesterday and probably our best performance of the season so far. We dominated the first half and could’ve been out of sight at half time on another day. Second half, Queens came into it a bit but failed to create anything substantial. I have to say that’s the worst Queen of the South we have came up against at Palmerston in my lifetime. We really should’ve been making that 4/5 but beggars canny be choosers. 

All in all I thought the majority of the team were excellent yesterday. What a difference it makes when we move the ball with a bit urgency in the oppositions half. Lewis McCann had a great shift but he looks like he’s shooting with cereal boxes for fitbaw boots. Can’t fault the defence and the midfield looked very balanced and effective.

Massive win for us yesterday and probably our best performance of the season so far. We dominated the first half and could’ve been out of sight at half time on another day. Second half, Queens came into it a bit but failed to create anything substantial. I have to say that’s the worst Queen of the South we have came up against at Palmerston in my lifetime. We really should’ve been making that 4/5 but beggars canny be choosers. 

All in all I thought the majority of the team were excellent yesterday. What a difference it makes when we move the ball with a bit urgency in the oppositions half. Lewis McCann had a great shift but he looks like he’s shooting with cereal boxes for fitbaw boots. Can’t fault the defence and the midfield looked very balanced and effective.

Our best performance there since the battle of palmerston

That’s probably the first game this season where every player has been given a clear role and they’ve just done it well. Chalmers did what Todd and Allan aren’t capable of at this level; just win and keep the ball. Dorrans was good at opening up the game and Pybus was a good physical presence. None of these roles are particularly difficult or flashy but we had a good balance I’m midfield and it allowed us to control the game.

Lawless had a good creative influence, Dow was lively and played with some freedom, and McCann won just about everything he went for and linked up well with Lawless and Dow. His finishing was disappointing though, I thought O’Hara would have been a good option for the last 20 minutes at least.

Comrie had great energy and Edwards was solid. Donaldson did his job and it was great to see Lewis Martin back in, his discipline and determination was excellent.

Everyone just did their job and it led to a confident looking performance.

It was 1,222. Where is 947 coming from? Not entirely sure why the attendance yesterday wasn't announced as it was sent out on the match radio just after half time. Can only presume Alex didn't hear it.

How many were home fans? Maybe where the 947 is coming from. If it was as many as that :(