Doonhamers vs. Pars "The Massive Six Pointer"

I dare say that's the best I've ever seen us play at Palmerston. Solid performances all round. 

At times Dow was just running around creating mayhem

Dorrans' best game yet for us. Great goal and should have had two. 

Chalmers looks great but doesn't close down the wide man crossing it enough 2nd half. Still, played very well and won his share of 2nd balls. 

Pybus was industrial (whatever that means, seems to fit) and scored a great goal. This midfield is what we've been needing all fucking season. 

McCann missed more opportunities  today but at least he's getting them. I know Queens' fans say their defence is shit (and I agree!) but McCann put in a shift today. Hopefully he can develop some quality in his finishing. 

Comrie was fucking superb, as always. What a full back. Edwards did well too on the other side. 

Does anyone who watched that think there is the remotest chance that we will still be in the Championship next year? That 'performance' was a shambles. Two weeks preparation and that's the result. No doubt AJ will say the wind, new players not used to the system...what system?  That being said, if AJ is not sacked after that, we'll probably get a result against Raith...then again!

That's 3 games since the Greenock debacle and we've looked like a different team since then.

Lawless has been the best signing we've made in a long time. He keeps the ball up the park. He brings players onto the game by holding it up and also skins defenders at will. He should be playing Premiership football. What a coup.

The sensible thing at a time like this is not to make hasty decisions, so ......

- We accept we are now off to the seaside

- AJ and his crew get their jotters tonight

- AJ's replacement gets the rest of the season to look over the squad and see who apart from Lee Connelly he keeps for next season, and he starts to look for the rest of next seasons squad

Simples

Does anyone who watched that think there is the remotest chance that we will still be in the Championship next year? That 'performance' was a shambles. Two weeks preparation and that's the result. No doubt AJ will say the wind, new players not used to the system...what system?  That being said, if AJ is not sacked after that, we'll probably get a result against Raith...then again!

The system is literally the problem. We're trying to play a system that clearly don't suit the personnel we have yet the only person who fails to see this is the man that picks the side. He's either completely deluded and seeing someone no one else is or he is so pigheaded and stubborn that he'll stick with it in the hope it will start to work.

Like last season, we're past Xmas and our manager still doesn't know his best lineup. I expect as ever his post match interview (if he doesn't send Clark, which I'm expecting him to do) will be excuse after excuse with no self blame.

He is massively out of his depth and needs to go. At this point I would absolutely take a punt on Gibson taking the helm. I don't know if he could turn it around, maybe he can't. But I absolutely know we'll be relegated if we stick with AJ.

That's some contrast from earlier in the season! 

Hughes quite rightfully got allot of stick for saying getting scudded by five from Morton could be the best thing that would happen to us, but we've done not bad since then eh? 

Can tell we're doing alright, we don't have Raith fans crawling all over the thread. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The system is literally the problem. We're trying to play a system that clearly don't suit the personnel we have yet the only person who fails to see this is the man that picks the side. He's either completely deluded and seeing someone no one else is or he is so pigheaded and stubborn that he'll stick with it in the hope it will start to work.

Like last season, we're past Xmas and our manager still doesn't know his best lineup. I expect as ever his post match interview (if he doesn't send Clark, which I'm expecting him to do) will be excuse after excuse with no self blame.

He is massively out of his depth and needs to go. At this point I would absolutely take a punt on Gibson taking the helm. I don't know if he could turn it around, maybe he can't. But I absolutely know we'll be relegated if we stick with AJ.

The only thing I would disagree with is that you suggest we have some kind of system in operation.

I want him gone tonight, but I expect he will stink the place out until we are out of the diddy cup.

AJ said before Inverness that everyone was playing for their livelihoods, so I looked at the body language at the end of the game to see if that might happen now. It's highly likely I'm reading too much into things, but the players all giving the fans a big round of applause, Sandy Clark aimlessly wandering about the pitch without shaking anyone's hands - could the chop finally be about to come? 

2 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

Doonhamers v Pars “the massive six pointer” 

you wouldn’t have known watching Queens. Followed them for forty odd years now and that today was truly awful. 

Certainly didn't live up to the spectacle that I monickered last weekend.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

We did the same to Inverness last week in the second half. Unfair to discredit the Pars performance.

I honestly wasn't trying to discredit the Pars performance there.  Thought you were organised and focused.  Your opponents though were absolutely clueless today.  I've been watching Queens since 1971 and I've seen some spectacular shite served up over the years but that was up there with some of the best (worst).  Quite why that didn't end up 5, 6 or 7 I've no idea.