Doonhamers vs. Pars "The Massive Six Pointer"

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
It will go one of three ways:
1. Either team will win by a goal to nil.
2. 0-0.
3. Queens will win 2 or 3 nil.

It will not be a good game.

What's the euromillions numbers for Tuesday?

61, 68, 86, 89, 96, 99, 11, 16

As usually pointed out,  games between us at Palmerston are nearly always shitfests,  a relegation scrap is unlikely to change that.

Desperately hope for a win, the last 2 games makes me think we can.

Game can go either way,  without new signings OFW,  the back 4,  lawless and McCann will nearly certainly start. Questions over the rest of midfield and if we have o'hara coming in and going 4-4-2.

This is a must win (aren't they all?).

Lose and we'll be bottom by 1 or 2 points but having played a game more. More vitally, we'll only have one more game against a direct rival (whereas we have, for example, three more games against Kilmarnock and two against Partick).

Edited by DA Baracus

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No chance I'm watching this. Would find it easier to watch 90 minutes of Mrs Brown's Boys* than us playing at Palmerston.

* I despise this so fucking much

I feel the same most weeks.

I'm off on Saturday unfortunately so will likely attend. It's feeling more and more like a chore with every game now. Sadly the last time I felt this way was the Gus era.

Hopefully he picks a team looking to win the game and we have an attacking threat. This fixture tends to be shite at the best of times so I can only imagine what sort of treat we have in store on Saturday.

Any update on any requirements for supporters for saturday? I see don't need vaccine certificates but encouraged to take lateral flow tests. Will the Main Stand be open, cannot see anything on the official site to say it will be reopening

I liked the article by Rob Mason on face coverings and football

Edited by queenslad

1 hour ago, queenslad said:

Any update on any requirements for supporters for saturday? I see don't need vaccine certificates but encouraged to take lateral flow tests. Will the Main Stand be open, cannot see anything on the official site to say it will be reopening

I liked the article by Rob Mason on face coverings and football

The Main stand will be open. I imagine everything will be covered int he match preview but everything will be as it was for the Ayr game in December. Main stand open, Terrace open, BDS Stand open, both sides. Away fans welcome. No vaccine passports required.

I don't disagree with the general sentiment of Rob Mason's piece but personally I see no need for face coverings in an outdoor football stadium, particularly Palmerston where there will be loads of space for anyone uncomfortable to sit themselves well away from anyone else. Concourses and toilets, etc, pie shop queues, absolutely should be worn. As someone who wears glasses they are awkward to wear and watch football properly without steaming up your glasses too.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Main stand will be open. I imagine everything will be covered int he match preview but everything will be as it was for the Ayr game in December. Main stand open, Terrace open, BDS Stand open, both sides. Away fans welcome. No vaccine passports required.

I don't disagree with the general sentiment of Rob Mason's piece but personally I see no need for face coverings in an outdoor football stadium, particularly Palmerston where there will be loads of space for anyone uncomfortable to sit themselves well away from anyone else. Concourses and toilets, etc, pie shop queues, absolutely should be worn. As someone who wears glasses they are awkward to wear and watch football properly without steaming up your glasses too.

Sometimes having  steamed up glasses is quite a good thing when watching Queens play. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just to add to the likelihood of this being an absolute shitfest of a game the weather forecast suggests it might be a tad breezy.

I always feel a bit windy at Palmerston these days! The only easy watch this season in the league was the Ayr game.

See you all tomorrow 👍

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You can buy clips that are supposed to help prevent that. No idea if they work, though. 

Defogger

We'll have a much changed team from last time we played at Palmerston. Four of the starting XI from that game aren't even at the club any longer (Wighton I suppose is technically still a Pars player but is on loan at Arbroath). DT23 isn't yet fit enough to start games as well, and given the recent signings you would expect a much changed midfield. Be interesting to see where Kamwa fits in as well.

However, can still see us being stinking and the game being the usual disgrace to the sport whenever the two teams play in Dumfries.

Oddly games at East End between the two are usually much better, with 15 goals in the last three games alone! Whereas the last three games at Palmerston between the clubs has produced seven goals, with 5 of them coming in a single game, a bit of aberration where we not only won, but both teams scored more than one goal).

37 minutes ago, Flash said:

You can buy clips that are supposed to help prevent that. No idea if they work, though. 

Defogger

Probably of far greater use in an environment when you need to wear a mask all the time. Mine comes off and on regularly depending where I am and what I'm doing. Thankfully in my own work environment I generally don't have to wear them unless I'm visiting a client.