Peterhead vs. Dundee

RossBFaeDundee

Ah, our good friends to the north, though we don't seem to be the kindest to you regarding the cups this season, thinking back to the Challenge Cup kerfuffle with the loanees. Can't say I'm displeased with this draw (though obviously a home draw would've been preferable), but considering how bad we are right now and how much we struggled to put away a 10-man Dumbarton today, this game is there for the taking for Jim McInally's men. If we revamp our team by the end of the January transfer window and get our form corrected I might consider heading up to see this.

A first, as well, in the Scottish Cup between the two sides. Feel strange considering how often it feels we've came across each other in cup competitions, particularly the League Cup of course.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Always be a warm welcome for Cammy and Josh at Balmoor

I was surprised it's our first ever Scottish cup tie but I think like most just go so used to playing each other in the challenge cup I naturally assumed one of them was probably in the big cup.

Keep it tight and try and Nick it will be the order of the day

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I’ll probably go to this. Peterhead isn’t as far away as people make out, being closer than a trip to Morton. I guess the poor roads north of Aberdeen make it seem like more of a trek. 

Dual carriageway all the way to Ellon its no bother now with the AWPR..  A home draw is ok but if Dundee are still struggling then may not be a money-spinner either, on the other hand we sometimes raise our game against higher league opposition 

Always be a warm welcome for Cammy and Josh at Balmoor
I was surprised it's our first ever Scottish cup tie but I think like most just go so used to playing each other in the challenge cup I naturally assumed one of them was probably in the big cup.
Keep it tight and try and Nick it will be the order of the day

Just make sure you don’t give Cammy the chance to go down as if he’s been poleaxed when in reality someone has just brushed against him

12 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Just make sure you don’t give Cammy the chance to go down as if he’s been poleaxed when in reality someone has just brushed against him

Actually used to sponsor Cammy when he was with us on loan, saw the footage and was disappointed to see him at it. Seems to have been a bit of a rift between the the clubs now, started when Dundee used all three of their loans to us who we presumably helped pay the wages of were used by them to play against us for their B team in the challenge cup. Think everyone at the club would hope Josh Mulligan goes on to do well for Dundee but strangely since he was recalled the other two Dundee loan players seem to have disappeared from the squad.    

28 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Actually used to sponsor Cammy when he was with us on loan, saw the footage and was disappointed to see him at it. Seems to have been a bit of a rift between the the clubs now, started when Dundee used all three of their loans to us who we presumably helped pay the wages of were used by them to play against us for their B team in the challenge cup. Think everyone at the club would hope Josh Mulligan goes on to do well for Dundee but strangely since he was recalled the other two Dundee loan players seem to have disappeared from the squad.    

I blame Si Ferry for leading Jason Cummings astray.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I cannot believe this has been picked for TV 😂 literally the only reason I can think of is that it's the most likely cup upset of bunch.

Not going to happen.

There’s no way we’re beating Peterhead. 

• 2 weeks later...

And all of a sudden, I'm up for this one again.

Reckon McPake continues with the 3-5-2 (it's the formation he's always wanted to play, after all), but hopefully with Ibsen Rossi replacing Fontaine in the middle of the back 3. Rudden and Mullen to start together again, just wish we had another option off the bench since we might finally look to starting 2 strikers in a game, AFTER Griff and Cummings leave.

If Peterhead have any pace in them they'll cause us plenty of trouble I reckon, we just can't handle it. On a separate note, I'm curious what the situation is with Lyall Cameron and Danny Strachan is. Pretty sure they're both still on loan, but nowhere to be seen as of late. Any Toon fans know what the deal is there?

6 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Lyall Cameron and Danny Strachan haven't been seen since you took Josh Mulligan back. Dundee recalled them at the same time I heard, but who knows?

Both back at Dundee as far as I know.

And thanks tv for moving this to Monday night I've go to go carpet shopping with her  on Saturday now 😭