Partick Thistle vs Dundee Utd - 12th/ 13th February

jagfox

Does this game go to extra time/penalties or a replay if it's level after 90 minutes?

I've lost the thread on what the rules are at the moment regarding what rounds, if any, have replays and also if the Covid changes have been made permanent or not.

17 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Does this game go to extra time/penalties or a replay if it's level after 90 minutes?

I've lost the thread on what the rules are at the moment regarding what rounds, if any, have replays and also if the Covid changes have been made permanent or not.

The game is awarded to the away side.

25 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Played to a finish now. The only round which didn't was the Dunfermline game in November. 

Can play three subs from nine off the bench.

Looking forward to this.  I'm obviously getting on and still look forward to cup ties. We have a chance. We could sneak it, could also get humped.

I really hate the way football has played down cup ties. It doesn't make sense either financially or as a spectacle.. So what if the winner get Celtic in the next round, worst case big pay day. Best case a result you'll enjoy for the rest of your life. 

1 hour ago, thisal said:

Looking forward to this.  I'm obviously getting on and still look forward to cup ties. We have a chance. We could sneak it, could also get humped.

I really hate the way football has played down cup ties. It doesn't make sense either financially or as a spectacle.. So what if the winner get Celtic in the next round, worst case big pay day. Best case a result you'll enjoy for the rest of your life. 

You say 'football' - I think you mean England.

Scottish Cup is just as prestigious among United fans (at least) as it ever was imho.

I doubt we'd have sold out the tickets if it was a league game.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

You say 'football' - I think you mean England.

Scottish Cup is just as prestigious among United fans (at least) as it ever was imho.

I doubt we'd have sold out the tickets if it was a league game.

It was actually a gentle dig at the previous post. It's an attitude that is getting more common up here.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It must be a big day for Partick Thistle fans to have a team like Dundee United visit.

United bringing more to Firhill than they've taken to Ibrox or Parkhead this season.  There's only one team in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, thisal said:

United bringing more to Firhill than they've taken to Ibrox or Parkhead this season.  There's only one team in Glasgow.

I think the travelling Arabs are inspired by the fact that win or lose they should each manage to salvage a bag of tatties from the pitch.