Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

that’s a big shout

i don’t think you’ll finish bottom but despite a good wee run recently you’re still in the play off spot and i have a feeling you’ll stay there.you’ll probably play airdrie and we all know what happens when you and airdrie have something to play for 😂

I think you are mistaking me for a Morton fan, don't think we are worrying about going down at the minute.

I know it was a big shout but they seem to be the team in the relegation fight who are turning the corner and have started playing the best football, but you never know....................

On 29/01/2022 at 05:25, Michael W said:

A good point, but that's now no wins in six. The playoffs are going to be beyond us if we don't start picking up wins again soon. 

The back three didn't work. Two goals lost from balls into the box that we didn't deal with and we were lucky not to concede more than we did. Morton should've had a penalty for handball and Blues missed an absolute sitter. When we play a back three we need our fullbacks to be on form, getting down the line to support the attack and I don't think that happened enough. 

Ethan Ross is not a striker. I appreciate the options were quite limited last night in the forward department and he is also one of our best players, but he was invisible. If we were going two up front, Poplatnik should've started instead. Ross was put of position and it showed. 

I do think we really missed Varian last night. He might not bring goals, but too often particularly in the first half last night, we just lumped the ball straight out of play in the absence of a target to aim at. All fine and well trying to play it so Ross/Gullan run onto it, but with the wind behind us the ball just went straight out. Had Varian been fit we might have been able to make something more going forward and would perhaps have also prevented the ball coming straight back at us a bit more. Oh to have kept Gozie...

Can't complain about what we got here, given we could easily have lost that, but form is a big worry. If Berra is out for any period of time, I fear for our defence - it goes to pieces without him. 

I think we have a number of players playing in unsuitable positions for them due to our preferred formation. Musonda and Bene don’t suit a back three CH, Dick and Tumilty seem less effective defenders in an advanced wingback role, Gullan is not a single strikers, and Ross is not a striker period. There are several other positional incongruities that baffle me, but JMcG has proven he knows what he’s doing in the past, so we’ll see.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Big statement

It doesn’t look like they’re signing anyone else this window which is a gamble despite how improved they are under Imrie. All it’ll take is a bad result or two and confidence will drop again and they could be right up against it.

I'd be much more worried about your own outfit with McGinty shipping a goal per game tbh. 

I'd be much more worried about your own outfit with McGinty shipping a goal per game tbh. 

Where did I say I wasn’t worried?

Made a perfectly valid point about Morton being nowhere near safe yet and you seem to have taken it rather personally.

3 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

that’s a big shout

i don’t think you’ll finish bottom but despite a good wee run recently you’re still in the play off spot and i have a feeling you’ll stay there.you’ll probably play airdrie and we all know what happens when you and airdrie have something to play for 😂

We body them 4-0 on aggregate and stay up without getting out of second gear?

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Big statement

It doesn’t look like they’re signing anyone else this window which is a gamble despite how improved they are under Imrie. All it’ll take is a bad result or two and confidence will drop again and they could be right up against it.

That's my concern right now. 

Aye we have done well over the last 5 games but we still have a very small squad, just 16 players including 1 keeper ( again) and a few youths in reserve.

If we were to lose Gozie and Lyon for a few weeks for example, the team would struggle.

It needs 1 or 2 quality additions, particularly in the midfield area. No way we are going to go 14 games without picking up injuries.

We are down 4 players from the summer and added just 1 in Brandon (who looks a decent player)

Hamilton, Queens, Ayr and the Pars have all strengthened, we must do the same. Just hope Dougie is not naive enough to think we will be fine after a few decent results. Not given much away in his recent interviews but he must know himself we need some more bodies.

8 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I think you are mistaking me for a Morton fan, don't think we are worrying about going down at the minute.

I know it was a big shout but they seem to be the team in the relegation fight who are turning the corner and have started playing the best football, but you never know....................

they are playing their best football in ages and they are still dropping down the table which can’t do much for morale

Aye we have done well over the last 5 games but we still have a very small squad, just 16 players including 1 keeper ( again) and a few youths in reserve.
If we were to lose Gozie and Lyon for a few weeks for example, the team would struggle.
It needs 1 or 2 quality additions, particularly in the midfield area. No way we are going to go 14 games without picking up injuries.
We are down 4 players from the summer and added just 1 in Brandon (who looks a decent player)
Hamilton, Queens, Ayr and the Pars have all strengthened, we must do the same. Just hope Dougie is not naive enough to think we will be fine after a few decent results. Not given much away in his recent interviews but he must know himself we need some more bodies.

I think Imrie has massively shown up the ineptitude of MacPherson by turning things around (so far) and only signing one player. There’s guys in the squad that are clearly capable at this level but it’s using them in the right way and making sure that the guys that maybe aren’t as good know their roles and try and keep it simple.

The question is whether that momentum can get you a few more results and get you away from the likes of ourselves and QOS. I’m not sure you’re squad is deep enough and strong enough to make it last but you’re definitely in a purple patch and look like beating most teams in the league.

16 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

that’s a big shout

Assume you're referring to the play off final last season? Thanks for the optimism.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Assume you're referring to the play off final last season? Thanks for the optimism.

no i had actually forgotten you played them last season in your annual play off match

i was actually referring,as you very well know,to you blowing a 15 point lead to let airdrie win the league

have a nice Monday 🙂

7 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

they are playing their best football in ages and they are still dropping down the table which can’t do much for morale

We were bottom when Imrie came in and now we're not. This is the shittest trolling effort ever. 

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

no i had actually forgotten you played them last season in your annual play off match

i was actually referring,as you very well know,to you blowing a 15 point lead to let airdrie win the league

have a nice Monday 🙂

So you made an absolute, roaring c**t of yourself then. 

Better luck next time. 

15 hours ago, madton said:

Hamilton, Queens, Ayr and the Pars have all strengthened, we must do the same. 

Evidence please. Queen of the South for example failed to register a shot on target at the weekend, against the same outfit we bodied 5-0 a few weeks ago. 

I agree that there are areas where strengthening or cover should be prioritised - central midfield and finally getting a backup keeper - but these are not essential to our season. The same hypothetical key absences you point to would affect any other team in the division. 

In any case, our next three games - Inverness (away), Queen of the South (home) and Hamilton (away) - are well suited to picking up another large batch of points. By the middle of next month, 10th place could be effectively cut adrift and no halfway credible team should be concerned about the play-off teams from the league below. 

22 hours ago, madton said:

Queens have signed 4 players so far in the window, including Cameron back from Killie today, we've added bodies but whether we've actually strengthened is another question. Time will tell, but going by Saturday there I'd say the evidence says we definetely haven't. Our main  problem isn't the players it's the man dictating tactics. 10th spot is ours I'm afraid unless there's changes made.