Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Imrie is doing a terrific job and is now getting 100% out of this side. If we play like that most weeks (4/4 so far) then we should be fine.

. McLean is too immobile to play wide in a back three and Ledger has given away two penalties in a row.

100% under the scan.Brian McLean is a very good footballer FOR HIS AGE. Sadly....he gets caught ought too often at this level.Surely time for Enter the McEntee?........and Stanton MOTM?..........sort it oot wae Lewis behind the Norseman BBC Luvvies.

3 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

Shame the ref didn’t bother giving the stonewaller for handball or Blues finished any of his chances.

A point is still a massive improvement from where we were under Gus.

....... or the s

stonewaller  in the first-half where Lithgow damn near had his shirt ripped off?

Just watched the main moments. Two poor keeper errors for two of the goals. Definite penalty for Rovers, although Stanton did go down a bit dramatically to underline the point. The disallowed Morton goal was definitely offside. Well spotted by the officials. Ref missed the Bene handball though. Got away with one there. Thought Gozie interview at the end was class. Nice to see a former Rover not being an arse about scoring against us. Hope he kicks on at Morton and does well. Just not against us obviously. 

17 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Clearly Lewis Strapp was MOM. That tackle near the end was outstanding. Pleased with the point, but could've been 3 if we could cut out the shite defending.

Totally agree Central Ton........apparently the BBC Luvvies dont.

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

Apart from the last three minutes of the first half, we were the better team. Second half we were unlucky just to get the one goal. Clear penalty when Benedictus handled. We just need to keep up that level of performance every week, especially against the other teams in the bottom half of the table. What a difference Imrie has made already.

You were the better side and deserved to win for sure. It's exaggeration to say Raith were on top for 3 mins though. Personally I thought the first half was relatively even. Morton started well and should have been in front in the first 20 mins probably. After that I thought Raith got on top (blues did well to get one off the line), only to lose a stupid goal against the run of play at the time. I didn't think a draw would have been too unreasonable at half time, though Raith were certainly flattered to go in ahead.

Second half certainly all Morton though and you should have won. No idea how Benedictus gets away with that penalty. Blues missed a sitter. There were other chances. Imrie certainly seems to have made a significant difference.

31 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Just watched the main moments. Two poor keeper errors for two of the goals. Definite penalty for Rovers, although Stanton did go down a bit dramatically to underline the point. The disallowed Morton goal was definitely offside. Well spotted by the officials. Ref missed the Bene handball though. Got away with one there. Thought Gozie interview at the end was class. Nice to see a former Rover not being an arse about scoring against us. Hope he kicks on at Morton and does well. Just not against us obviously. 

.........and Lithgow.getting his shirt ripped off by a Raith fdefender isnt a penalty right ?

Oh please.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You were the better side and deserved to win for sure. It's exaggeration to say Raith were on top for 3 mins though. Personally I thought the first half was relatively even. Morton started well and should have been in front in the first 20 mins probably. After that I thought Raith got on top (blues did well to get one off the line), only to lose a stupid goal against the run of play at the time. I didn't think a draw would have been too unreasonable at half time, though Raith were certainly flattered to go in ahead.

Second half certainly all Morton though and you should have won. No idea how Benedictus gets away with that penalty. Blues missed a sitter. There were other chances. Imrie certainly seems to have made a significant difference.

Fair.

But do you agree with Michael Stewart in awarding MOTM to Stanton?

No way..... Lewis Strapp hands down.!

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Fair.

But do you agree with Michael Stewart in awarding MOTM to Stanton?

No way..... Lewis Strapp hands down.!

I did to be honest. I thought Stanton was by miles the best player on the pitch first half. He faded out of it as his team got dominated and Strapp was best for Morton. I think you could have given it to either and not been far wrong but I'd have gone with Stanton.

Don’t think it is in question Morton were the better side for vast majority, could and probably should have had another several goals when you consider near things, misses and possible pen/s. 

Biggest disappointment is the Morton left back didn’t commit a really bad foul on our left back so Leanne would have had to discuss the ‘Strapp on Dick’ incident with big Chris

League is really getting away from us now, McGlynn needs to shake things up and soon

A good point in the context of the 90 minutes.  Morton are a different beast and probably feel that they should have won it.

I think we win that game with Berra though.  No coincidence the correlation between dropped points and him not on the pitch.  Also, that's 6 points dropped since 18 December from conceding in the last 15 minutes.

5 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

.........and Lithgow.getting his shirt ripped off by a Raith fdefender isnt a penalty right ?

Oh please.

To be fair, didn’t see that as I was just flicking through the match for the goals and main incidents. Can’t really remember it from being at the game. What time did it happen roughly? 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

To be fair, didn’t see that as I was just flicking through the match for the goals and main incidents. Can’t really remember it from being at the game. What time did it happen roughly? 

It was Matthews at the front post at a corner merely brushing some dust off Lithgows top.

A good point in the context of the 90 minutes.  Morton are a different beast and probably feel that they should have won it.
I think we win that game with Berra though.  No coincidence the correlation between dropped points and him not on the pitch.  Also, that's 6 points dropped since 18 December from conceding in the last 15 minutes.

If you look over the whole season we've dropped an absolute load of points by conceding in the last 15 when winning games.

13 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The shirt pulling was six of one and half dozen of the other, they were both at it but fair play to the Lithgow for staying on his feet, he could've went down looking for a penalty and most likely got one

Would need some force to pull him to the ground, evidence that hoops aren’t for the larger person