Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

In isolation, a pretty good point and fairly fortunate in the end. In context of our form, it’s yet more points dropped. We’ve led the last three games and come out with two points.

Morton playing like a real throwback of a team and I don’t mean that in a negative sense - playing off the second balls, aggressive, strong, whipping crosses and long throws into the box constantly. It’s very hard to play against, they’ll have days where it doesn’t work but in conditions like that there’s only so much you can do. Strapp was magnificent. They’ll surely be fine even with most of the bottom half looking much improved.

For us, we simply have to win our next two matches. No ifs or buts. And I don’t see 3-5-2 as our route to getting there.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

but we lost two goals from headers and could've lost more, so the merits of the three at the back are lost on me. 

I reckon we'll see another change of shape on Tuesday, with at least one of the wingers brought back in.

The formation was picked to match up to Morton tonight as I thought he might. I’m pretty sure he’ll revert to a back 4 on Tuesday. Based on tonight Musonda seems the obvious candidate to drop out although Bene didn’t cover himself in glory for the second goal.

I agree that we shouldn’t be losing two goals from crosses with 3 centre backs. However, I’d argue if Berra plays the 90, as would have been intended when the team was picked, that doesn’t happen. The fact that losing a soon to be 37 year old from our defence makes such a huge difference is obviously an issue in itself.

I've obviously missed something but since when were we allowed 4 sub in the lower leagues?

A game we really should have been winning. Deja vu back to Saturday with Ledger giving away a daft penalty followed by McLean and his zimmer frame gifting them a lead 2 mins later.

I'm loving the dig and fight and this team but definitely agree that more quality is needed in midfield for the Oliver and Blues roles. And that McEntee has to come in for McLean.

Reece Lyon and Lewis Strapp have been fucking tremendous since Dougie came in.

Really really enjoyed that tonight. A draw a fair result although I wouldn't have grudged us the win. We need to sort of these defensive lapses and quickly. McLean needs dropped. Strapp, Lyon and big Gozie all fantastic tonight. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the conditions. Good wee atmosphere in the Cowshed too. 

We deserved a win there as we just never gave up. Moment of madness with the goals, but I'm sure Dougie will have words.

He's getting the best our this squad of players and more importantly the players look as if they want to play for him too.

Strapp back to his best, Lyon now looks a different player from the one at the start of the season. And dare I say it Muirhead FINALLY scoring goals! Is there a case for him to be now starting games? 

Credit where it's due, the Board look as if they have made a fantastic appointment with Imrie     

Morton are far from the finished article, but certainly seem to be heading in the right direction and I'm not sure many teams in the league would have left Cappielow with more than a point tonight.

Rovers played some really nice stuff at times, but sadly lacked composure. Too many cheap free kicks conceded in conditions which were horrible to defend in.

Really enjoyable game I thought, though obviously disappointed not to get all 3 points. We have definitely improved significantly, but still way too early to be saying we’re out of the relegation battle at this point. Much, much more confident we’ll be able to survive though, especially if we manage to pull off some late additions to the squad.

Hamilton should’ve saved that tonight, and he still has absolutely daft errors in him - but that’s why he’s at this level. He’s been mostly excellent for us and was the only reason our goal difference wasn’t in the toilet in the first half of the season. He’s never going to shake the repuation he has in Scottish Football, but he’s been a very good signing for us.     

Thought Morton were unlucky not to take all three points. The best team in the first half but suckered by us towards the end. Morton clearly the best team in the second too. Imrie has them really battling. We didn’t really show intent or urgency until it went 2-2. Second half was identical to the Arbroath game. Hoped we’d kick on, but sitting back and content to counter attack is the theory I’m guessing, but in reality it’s just waiting for the equaliser. Which duly arrived. 

As someone else said, that’s three games were we’ve lead at half time and we’ve come away with 2 points rather than 9. Starting to feel like we’ve a bit of a glass jaw. Get in our faces and we can’t handle it. Then our defence cracks. League table is looking very worrying. Arbroath, Killie and Inverness ahead of us with games in hand. Partick only 3 behind with 3 games in hand. Praying for two draws tomorrow. 

What were the two mad men in the main stand about. A mad bald Celtic fan shouting abuse at the young team the whole of the second half. And an OAP standing up, pointing at them offering a fight. Embarrassing stuff. Clearly one too many shandy’s in hospitality. 

Would love Gozie to still be a Rovers player. Thank Christ his back heel didn’t catch out MacDonald. 

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Apart from the last three minutes of the first half, we were the better team. Second half we were unlucky just to get the one goal. Clear penalty when Benedictus handled. We just need to keep up that level of performance every week, especially against the other teams in the bottom half of the table. What a difference Imrie has made already.

I had a family commitment tonight in Helensburgh so couldnt make the game. Made it home about 9-30pm  so managed to get the whole game 'on the green button'. I thought Raith played the better disciplined football 'on the deck' .....hugely important given the weather.Raith should have scored through Dick (I think it was a Tumilty cross)......Blues should have scored when it looked easier to than not to. Stanton man of the match?.....meh