Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Stanton has ran the show. Only one team trying to play football. Will still be tough in the second half though with the conditions. Shocking goalkeeping at both ends tho but again we’ll just put it down to the conditions for MacDonald, and down to pishness from Jack Hamilton…

Do you expect a Scottish 2nd tier football team to play like Guardiola’s Barcelona into howling wind and rain? 

I think rovers have had the better chances.

It was a stonewaller of a penalty but some strike by Gullan.

Tumilty has done well there but he had no option but to shoot and hope it should have never gone in. 

Morton dominated this early doors bu we've come into it. Anyone's guess how it will end though. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Eh, I meant, eh, collectively. As a unit. Liam Dick drives the average right down... 

The thing is, Tumilty is more than good enough to push us forward but he (until today) hasn't been playing anywhere near his best recently.

Dick just isn't good enough. Especially when you compare to Mcdonald last year.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

A few shaky spells in there undoubtedly but we deserve that lead ultimately. Could’ve scored a few more.

The huge caveat is the wind. Looks like it really favoured us first half and I can’t see us defending the aerial bombardment from long throws etc all of the second half.

Sam Stanton having his best game so far by a mile. More of this.

Yeah the throw ins are giving me the fear. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes. He said it on tv the Friday before our Challenge Cup q-f against them. A game in which our first goal came from Jack Hamilton punching the ball directly into his own net from Max Johnston's corner.

Was wrong, it was Borthwick. 

image.png

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Phew! Saved by the flag.

From more shitfest defending.

Gonna be a very long half hour. I doubt we can hang on in this constant barrage thanks to the wind. I do believe if we could hit a goal on the break we might just scrape the three points.

Edited by embow