Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

Stanton has ran the show. Only one team trying to play football. Will still be tough in the second half though with the conditions. Shocking goalkeeping at both ends tho but again we’ll just put it down to the conditions for MacDonald, and down to pishness from Jack Hamilton…

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

was joel sked no saying on AVFTT that jack hamilton is much improved?

because that attempt at a save was classic jack hamilton

Yes. He said it on tv the Friday before our Challenge Cup q-f against them. A game in which our first goal came from Jack Hamilton punching the ball directly into his own net from Max Johnston's corner.

We were poor at times but have also played better than we have for a few games. Nice play when we keep it on the deck and Stanton pulling the strings. Some player.

Harsh on Norton for us to be going in in front but they stopped playing after our penalty.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

was joel sked no saying on AVFTT that jack hamilton is much improved?

because that attempt at a save was classic jack hamilton

I wouldn’t trust anybody with that “haircut” he sports.

Stanton is certainly growing into the role he was brought in for now that he’s starting to feel comfortable. Looking to be the pickup of the season if this kind of thing continues. Wondering if it’ll be Connolly or Arnott for Williamson in a bit, I’d expect Connolly, but JMcG already thrown a red curves today.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I'll get stick for this from some but I fucking love Scottish lower league fitba. At times it's like watching a cross between real fitba and shinty, I don't think this sport exists anywhere else. Seriously, what's not to like about this? limited quality at times but exciting, up and at them, total committment, shit conditions, playing at a stadium that hasn't changed since Andy Ritchie was a la(r)d.

Friday night, watching on tv as a neutral with a beer - ace. Give me this over the sterile EPL any day.

What footballs all about 😊

A few shaky spells in there undoubtedly but we deserve that lead ultimately. Could’ve scored a few more.

The huge caveat is the wind. Looks like it really favoured us first half and I can’t see us defending the aerial bombardment from long throws etc all of the second half.

Sam Stanton having his best game so far by a mile. More of this.

5 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

We were poor at times but have also played better than we have for a few games. Nice play when we keep it on the deck and Stanton pulling the strings. Some player.

Harsh on Norton for us to be going in in front but they stopped playing after our penalty.

Agree with this. A lot of our recent problems are still evident but there have been some tantalising glimpses of better days in some of our attacking play. 

Stanton has been excellent since the 15 minute mark.