Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

On 25/01/2022 at 12:48, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I think this is actually a pretty important game for Imrie: win (or at least draw) and it's confirmation that he hasn't just produced a 'bounce', but we're in different territory altogether; lose and the pressure is suddenly back on, with Inverness away to follow.

Spot on BARP, exactly what I was thinking.

Imrie has show confidence in setting Morton up to go and win games. Reviewed our weaknesses and brought Brandon in, stuck Muirhead on late and got goals out of him. Spotted Blues and Lyon can and are good together.

Confident the single goal losses to RR can be overturned Friday helped by a decent fans backing.

I love Friday night games and atmosphere, gets the weekend going.

6 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Williamson looked eager on Saturday to do some fetching and carrying maybe the manager is working on this at training, also Stanton looked to do a similar roll. If one pushed forwards then the other dropped deeper. Hendry did this roll for the Rovers. So it would appear we are trying to mix things up a wee bit more.

That is indeed what we must hope for until Spencer returns. Given that Williamson and Stanton have only had a few weeks to get used to everyone and the team plans, it’s reasonable to expect improvement.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Watched McGlynns pre match interview. emoji848.png Made his excuses early about the pitch then onto Celtic. I'm thinking this will be another TV bore from us.

What's his issue about the pitch? It was definitely a mess last season due to Hopkin training the team on it every day but this year it's getting back to good condition

11 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Spot on BARP, exactly what I was thinking.

Imrie has show confidence in setting Morton up to go and win games. Reviewed our weaknesses and brought Brandon in, stuck Muirhead on late and got goals out of him. Spotted Blues and Lyon can and are good together.

Confident the single goal losses to RR can be overturned Friday helped by a decent fans backing.

I love Friday night games and atmosphere, gets the weekend going.

Aye, if we can turn this into a high-pressing, high-tempo Morton against a Raith team set up to keep the ball, we have a real chance of stopping the rot against them.

The best way to 'fight a relegation battle' is... make sure you're not in a relegation battle; a win tonight takes us in that direction. 

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

What's his issue about the pitch? It was definitely a mess last season due to Hopkin training the team on it every day but this year it's getting back to good condition

I Suspect its more or less just cover for thr fact our confidence is shot and he's going to go simple and long with the ball.

54 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Any tips on parking for the game, haven’t been at Capielow for at least 10 years

Put Carwood Street into your satnav. The streets just off that usually have spots free and ye'll never be further than a five minute walk from the ground.

ETA: yer satnav will probably tell ye to turn up Sinclair Street but that's obviously closed for the football. Just go past and it will re-route ye up Ratho Street

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

We are so used to training/playing on an artificial pitch that we don’t like grass ones anymore. Especially not in winter. We are the football team equivalent of foreign players that wear gloves in the summer.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

He said as much tbf. Said that we played Morton around this time last year and the pitch wasn’t in good condition so would have to wait and see what it was like and take that into consideration for our approach. But he admitted from watching back your last home game vs Dunfermline it looked fine.

As others have said, I think he will be, correctly, cautious of us trying to play our usual passing game low on confidence against a side that will press high and get in our faces so we might see a back to basics approach. I’ve already posted the team I hope to see tonight, but if Morton play a 3-5-2, I wouldn’t be massively surprised to see him match that up and the game to be a bit of a shitfest.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Any tips on parking for the game, haven’t been at Capielow for at least 10 years

Park at the dock directly across the street from Cappielow at the traffic lights, can't miss it, you can park anywhere in the dock bit or at the road/roundabout further up, easy to leave after the game too.

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

The dock on the other side of the road from Cappielow is ideal, I've parked there foryears and gets you away pronto onto the A8/M8 to head home.