Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

Might as well get this started while Morton play a little longer with St. J Motherwell (thanks for that correction, RRFC2711). Our form is stinking, and the Cup result was deceptive. With Morton’s form improving of late, this will be an interesting tilt. Not sure I’ll call for a Raith win, feels more like a draw to me…1-1.

Edited by TxRover

Might as well get this started while Morton play a little longer with St. J. Our form is stinking, and the Cup result was deceptive. With Morton’s form improving of late, this will be an interesting tilt. Not sure I’ll call for a Raith win, feels more like a draw to me…1-1.

I’m sick of this, did you actually watch the game we were totally in control and should have scored ten nothing deceptive about it.

Now Morton will be a different prospect all together 1-0 Rovers will do me fine.

9 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

I’m sick of this, did you actually watch the game we were totally in control and should have scored ten nothing deceptive about it.

Now Morton will be a different prospect all together 1-0 Rovers will do me fine.

Video not available, listened to the whole match and stand by my view, you’re entitled  yours.

Played will be hurting after that ending today, hope Imrie can pick them up early and get the mindset right for Friday night. Being on the BBC should help.

We are a different animal under Imrie and I wouldn't bet against us picking up another win which will be massive with the other bottom 5 teams playing each other.

Hopefully a midfielder or two are brought in this week.

Still undefeated in 90 minutes under Dougie,  hopefully that impressive start continues 

We've absolutely had Morton's number since we came back up but it is hard to argue that they're not favourites for this one. 

Taken in isolation a draw would be a good result but if we are going to put together a run at the play offs we need to get a win on the board, and soon. 

These Friday night games are great for lazy hoors like me. I can stay nice and warm and get a couple of jars.

Morton seem to have found some form since they punted Gus. Our form has been ropey for a while. If we put in an Inverness away type performance we’ll be fine. If we put in an Ayr away type performance we won’t be fine.

Edited by Scary Bear

Agree we have had Morton's number since we got back into the Championship, 5 wins on the bounce with only 1 goal conceeded, that said other than the 5-0 these have always tended to be tight affairs, given our recent poor run and the fact that Morton seem to have got their act together in recent weeks I'd happily take a point from this game.

Kinda hoping that the possible income from the Celtic game will allow us to bring in a much needed striker before the window closes.

I Might be completely wrong and one of my fellow fans can feel free to correct me, but, night time home games for us always seem to be decent, and the atmosphere certainyl seems to get cranked up a notch. but with the TV cameras there thats likley to lul it a little unfortunatley. The recent improvement in form and better chemistry between players and fans should give us some reason to be optimistic. Our record for games played on the 28/1 is W8-D5-L7 (none of those V Raith) 

Heart says a 1-0 Win for Morton. Head somehow saying 1-0 Raith 

36 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If both teams continue gathering points at the same rate since Dougie Imrie took over Morton then Raith wll end up on 44 points and Morton will end up on 50 points. So this is, technically, a a promotion play off six-pointer. 

😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Out in Glasgow on Friday so won’t get to go, or even see it, but hopefully we can get our finger out and not just let the season fizzle out

It kinda has that feeling to it right enough.