The Thick of It

Moonhound17

• 3 weeks later...

Malcolm’s rant after Nicola goes for an interview at the Guardian and, whilst thinking she is off the record, let’s slip that they have lost the immigration records. 

‘It’s a fucking newspaper office! Not a fucking sanatorium for the deaf!’ :lol:  

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Malcolm’s rant after Nicola goes for an interview at the Guardian and, whilst thinking she is off the record, let’s slip that they have lost the immigration records. 

‘It’s a fucking newspaper office! Not a fucking sanatorium for the deaf!’ :lol:  

D058EA51-1C8F-4D30-94D3-6A960736262E.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I watched this again recently I'd totally forgot about Steve Fleming, what a brilliant character, the way he's constantly laughing trying to hide the fact that he's absolutely seething is brilliant.

Although Peter Mannion is fantastic I'm firmly in Team Tucker.

I've got a to-do list longer than a fucking Leonard Cohen song.

Get me a fucking curly wurly right.

Someone get me a fucking fanta.

On 18/07/2022 at 15:03, stevieKTID said:

I watched this again recently I'd totally forgot about Steve Fleming, what a brilliant character, the way he's constantly laughing trying to hide the fact that he's absolutely seething is brilliant.

Although Peter Mannion is fantastic I'm firmly in Team Tucker.

I've got a to-do list longer than a fucking Leonard Cohen song.

Get me a fucking curly wurly right.

Someone get me a fucking fanta.

It’s an excellent performance, you can see him barely managing to keep a lid on his temper when faced with the incompetency of DoSac. The manic laugh that he does whenever he wants to explode with rage is brilliant. 

When I watch Prime Ministers Questions or see backbench MPs on TV coming across all statesmanlike and professional, I always wonder what ones are like Steve Fleming away from the cameras. Dominic Raab looks like he has the potential to be an absolute psychopath of a person in private. Amongst others I’m sure. 

• 3 months later...

Been rewatching The Thick of It for about the 40th time after a little break. Love when the guy comes to the door of Malcolm’s office to ask him to stop swearing, and Malcolm walks up to him and says ‘Oh I’m so sorry you won’t hear any more swearing from us. You massive GAY, SHITE, f**k OFF!!!’ :lol: 

I’ve just got to the episode where Nicola takes over at DoSac, and the few minutes Malcolm spends in her office tearing her to pieces is up there with the best stuff I’ve seen on TV. 

‘Do you remember the Big Breakfast? Do you remember that programme? Do you remember how Chris Evans started it and it was a big success? Then they had that guy Johnny Vaughan, everybody loved him, f**k knows why but they loved him. Do you know what this is here? This here, this is fucking series 10 of the Big Breakfast. And do you know what you are? You’re the fucking dinner lady!’ 

Edited by IrishBhoy

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2022 at 18:09, IrishBhoy said:

When I watch Prime Ministers Questions or see backbench MPs on TV coming across all statesmanlike and professional, I always wonder what ones are like Steve Fleming away from the cameras. Dominic Raab looks like he has the potential to be an absolute psychopath of a person in private. Amongst others I’m sure. 

BCCAA236-7E26-480F-AB57-9E3E1F8F6FAD.thumb.jpeg.517f0d01281fb02f4f4d59456ab42443.jpeg

Knew it. 

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but if you have an Amazon Prime subscription you can get a months free trial of BritBox. Just go to the show you want to watch, press play, and it should direct you towards the free trial. Obviously if you don’t want to continue paying for it then you need to cancel before the 30 days, but you can do that through your Amazon account quite easily.

It’s actually got a heap of good shows on it that you now can’t get on iPlayer or other free streaming apps. The Thick of It, I’m Alan Partridge (and all his other TV stuff), Peep Show, The Office, League of Gentlemen, Father Ted etc. Also got a lot of old school British stuff like Brass Eye, Bottom and Drop the Dead Donkey, which I like to watch on the odd occasion. Basically all the comedies I enjoy have ended up on it, so I don’t mind paying tbh. It doesn’t seem to be very popular though, and it’s a shame that so many good programmes have been taken away from iPlayer and All4 etc. 

On 12/11/2022 at 10:06, Bully Wee Villa said:

Peep Show is still on Netflix and All4. Father Ted and Brass Eye are still on All4.

Good to know. I assumed they had all been removed when BritBox launched. Think it’s definitely the only place to watch The Thick of it and Alan Partridge though.