Coffee - whats yours?

Bought this for the first time recently. It’s not as efficient as a coffee bag because you have to pour to a fill line which doesn’t give you enough coffee to fill a mug - so you have to fill it up a second time and wait again until it’s filtered through. That said, I thought the coffee was worth the wait. Nicer than any of the coffee bags I’ve tried so far.

IMG_0175.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 18:33, welshbairn said:

Liked a look of that so ordered it with a couple of others to try from their website, with £3.50 delivery. Today I just passed a new shop they've opened up round the corner in Inverness. Fuming!

Just over the bridge from Grain & Grind, I was in Xoko the other day and the coffee was magnificent. Give it a go if you’re in the area. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve moved on to an Aeropress. Following the messiah James Hoffman’s technique, I’ve found really good.

Do get some strange looks in the office right enough when I disappear to the kitchen for 5 mins to setup, press and clean up.

On the coffee front I was using Argyll Coffee’s Clyde Steamer blend which is lovely, but just got some Columbian stuff from Inverness Coffee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Bought a variety of beans from Pumphrey's Coffee Roasters at Grainger Market in Newcastle while I was down during the week.

Just cracked into their Colombian Medellin which is absolutely superb. Got four more varieties to try and very excited to get into them.

I thought that's what those brown bags were in the background of your beer pics.

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this -

My BiL does a bit of travelling for work and last time he was up here he gave me these beans he picked up in Ethiopia.

I had to buy a wee grinder (oh err missus !) and havent given them a go yet (my usual is stovetop and Aldi Italian ground).

Will report back in a few days..........

IMG_20231128_090019573_HDR.thumb.jpg.4f4778be2259c90d55a52d4284859d7e.jpgIMG_20231128_090033241_HDR.thumb.jpg.214c71b505d5bdde0d767a7b92d98f07.jpg