Coffee - whats yours?

15 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Braithwaite in Dundee   My go to place.  Fortunately it is right next to my office and in centre of town. 

Been there forever and they are very knowledgeable.  To top it off the smell inside is worth the visit alone.

179248110.jpg

This place looks phenomenal. Anyone remember Casey's sweet shop on St Mary's street in Edinburgh? This look like that, except for coffee. Could even tempt an earnest cafephile into a Dundee trip 🤔

5 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

This place looks phenomenal. Anyone remember Casey's sweet shop on St Mary's street in Edinburgh? This look like that, except for coffee. Could even tempt an earnest cafephile into a Dundee trip 🤔

It has has been around for forever which I think adds to the feel of it.  

3d434ee76af80b346ded90b5497bb5e1.jpg

I0000fQpHMSWXy6w.jpg

JA-Braithwaite.jpg

38 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Got some of these to take to work to use instead of instant. I'll probably take pelters off my colleagues for being a snob, but should be worth it!

20220123_112943.jpg

I’ve got an espresso machine in my van for when there’s only instant on offer. 

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Got some of these to take to work to use instead of instant. I'll probably take pelters off my colleagues for being a snob, but should be worth it!

20220123_112943.jpg

Wife occasionally calls me a coffee snob because I dont like instant. 

I mean, its utterly fucking bogging.  A proper coffee made in the aeropress is only slightly more hassle than a cup of tea ffs. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean, its utterly fucking bogging.  A proper coffee made in the aeropress is only slightly more hassle than a cup of tea ffs. 

I can accept it if its in a hotel room. Because fair enough. Bonus points if the room has a Nespresso.

That Nescafe Azera is ok too tbf, if i'm going away and want something nicer.

10 hours ago, Herness said:

I had my last coffee in September. Decided to try if i can manage without it for 3 weeks and now i have a new morning drink - ginger&lemon tea.

You should try the coffee shat out by gerbils, it probably tastes the same as that tea

17 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Got this today. Can't wait to try it, it smells incredible. 

20220127_213550.jpg

Grain and Grind beans are my go to for everyday espresso. Usually the Strathbungo roast.

Guessing from this that you work in the Southside? If so It All Started Here does excellent coffee and usually has a good selection of beans in, right now they’ve got a lot of stuff from The Barn in Berlin (IMO the best coffee shop in the world).

14 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Grain and Grind beans are my go to for everyday espresso. Usually the Strathbungo roast.

Guessing from this that you work in the Southside? If so It All Started Here does excellent coffee and usually has a good selection of beans in, right now they’ve got a lot of stuff from The Barn in Berlin (IMO the best coffee shop in the world).

Aye, I work in the Southside. I'll give It All Started Here a look, it's not too far away from me at all.

On 23/01/2022 at 12:59, Bairnardo said:

Get yourself one of these - place over cup...put coffee into filter paper and pour in water  -so simple.......i have been doing it for years

Flat Bottom - FILTER CONE - to fit Size Four (4) Coffee Filter Papers