Coffee - whats yours?

20 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Got this today. Can't wait to try it, it smells incredible. 

20220127_213550.jpg

Liked a look of that so ordered it with a couple of others to try from their website, with £3.50 delivery. Today I just passed a new shop they've opened up round the corner in Inverness. Fuming!

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Liked a look of that so ordered it with a couple of others to try from their website, with £3.50 delivery. Today I just passed a new shop they've opened up round the corner in Inverness. Fuming!

Walk past it and go to Inverness Coffee Roasters if you haven't already. Highland Roast is out of this world.

Currently on Symposium Signature Blend on a recommendation from a pal who used to work there. The other half got me a DeLonghi espresso machine and I'm still getting to grips with it, but I use a mokka pot if I can't be bothered with the hassle.

I know theres been threads over the years about types of coffee, but I couldnt find the last one.
Always like to see what other people are having, if theres new stuff on market etc - here is my gear;
Cant beat the original 
 IMG_20220121_083931198_HDR.thumb.jpg.61a9d4547f0967fc8d2dd9841f199fe6.jpg
I do like the Aldi ground Italian -
IMG_20220121_083953221_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab59a70029732e72bfc6b7b8791e8e0f.jpg
And I have it as a Cortado with a wee bit of hot milk and demerara sugar - a nice caffeine hit and not too big.
IMG_20220121_084210613_HDR.thumb.jpg.88fd0b65231057d84869e3a4bf6df9bf.jpg

Aldi also do a basic house blend coffee. Really cheap but I find it nice compared to some other premium brands

1 hour ago, Uniform11 said:

Walk past it and go to Inverness Coffee Roasters if you haven't already. Highland Roast is out of this world.

Currently on Symposium Signature Blend on a recommendation from a pal who used to work there. The other half got me a DeLonghi espresso machine and I'm still getting to grips with it, but I use a mokka pot if I can't be bothered with the hassle.

I've tried a couple from there but wasn't too impressed, will give the Highland Roast a go. These boutique roasters are a bit pricey though, guess that's why they're popping up everywhere. £24 a kilo seems a lot when you can easily get very decent beans for half that.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 21/01/2022 at 08:54, Leith Green said:
I know theres been threads over the years about types of coffee, but I couldnt find the last one.
Always like to see what other people are having, if theres new stuff on market etc - here is my gear;
Cant beat the original 
 IMG_20220121_083931198_HDR.thumb.jpg.61a9d4547f0967fc8d2dd9841f199fe6.jpg
I do like the Aldi ground Italian -
IMG_20220121_083953221_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab59a70029732e72bfc6b7b8791e8e0f.jpg
And I have it as a Cortado with a wee bit of hot milk and demerara sugar - a nice caffeine hit and not too big.
IMG_20220121_084210613_HDR.thumb.jpg.88fd0b65231057d84869e3a4bf6df9bf.jpg

Aldi also do a basic house blend coffee. Really cheap but I find it nice compared to some other premium brands

Must be dirt cheap because this one is (iirc) about £1.20 a pack!

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've tried a couple from there but wasn't too impressed, will give the Highland Roast a go. These boutique roasters are a bit pricey though, guess that's why they're popping up everywhere. £24 a kilo seems a lot when you can easily get very decent beans for half that.

They've got a wee coffee bar in the shop as well and they do a mean flat white. Often pop in to the Grumpy Chef next door for a toastie and a coffee from Inv Coffee before going to work in the afternoon, sets you up nicely for the day ahead.

On 21/01/2022 at 09:17, pozbaird said:

On Amazon, Consuelo Gran Aroma ground coffee. They do Nespresso pods and all sorts. In my humble opinion, a pot of Consuelo first thing in the morning is just the job. It’s the only thing on Amazon I have set up on repeat order, I like it so much. Great price too.

Just got some of the beans, not bad at all for the price, £7.37 per kilo. Most of the coffee recommended on here is more than 3 times that. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Just got some of the beans, not bad at all for the price, £7.37 per kilo. Most of the coffee recommended on here is more than 3 times that. 

Similar to my thoughts on beer, I don't mind paying a bit more for something high quality. If I enjoy it in moderation it's not a huge expense for something really good and enjoyable. 

9 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Similar to my thoughts on beer, I don't mind paying a bit more for something high quality. If I enjoy it in moderation it's not a huge expense for something really good and enjoyable. 

Sure, but it's handy having some session stuff to offer to visitors who won't necessarily appreciate your Blue Mountain special reserve. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Just opened a bag of Pure Roasters Heavy Goff. Absolutely superb stuff, will definitely buy again and try more of their range.

20220220_113916.jpg

Trying 3 of their other varieties, but noticed that one is low caffeine, I need all the stuff I can get!