Coffee - whats yours?

I know theres been threads over the years about types of coffee, but I couldnt find the last one.

Always like to see what other people are having, if theres new stuff on market etc - here is my gear;

Cant beat the original 

IMG_20220121_083931198_HDR.thumb.jpg.61a9d4547f0967fc8d2dd9841f199fe6.jpg

I do like the Aldi ground Italian -

IMG_20220121_083953221_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab59a70029732e72bfc6b7b8791e8e0f.jpg

And I have it as a Cortado with a wee bit of hot milk and demerara sugar - a nice caffeine hit and not too big.

IMG_20220121_084210613_HDR.thumb.jpg.88fd0b65231057d84869e3a4bf6df9bf.jpg

On Amazon, Consuelo Gran Aroma ground coffee. They do Nespresso pods and all sorts. In my humble opinion, a pot of Consuelo first thing in the morning is just the job. It’s the only thing on Amazon I have set up on repeat order, I like it so much. Great price too.

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Anyone got any tips for getting into coffee? Tried it numerous times and find it absolutely bogging, but I got a coffee machine as a house warming gift earlier this year and I want to use it :lol: 

What kind of machine is it?

Had a couple of coffees from a moka pot recently and they were delicious. Might have to get myself one.

I’m a tea drinker but I do like the occasional coffee for early starts. I use coffee bags which I think taste better than your usual Nescafé shite. One these ones just now:

IMG_9626.jpg

[quote post=14969368"
timestamp="1642759996" name="amnarab" userid="66268]Beanies make some great flavours of instant coffee granules. 8de40ebec42eb327dec7b2852d228052.jpg

I’ve tried this stuff and it’s foul. I think I had the chocolate orange flavoured one. Tasted like I was drinking sick.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Tassimo

Tassimo should be quite easy to get into tbh. Check out their website (much bigger selection than in the shops), buy a bunch of different pods, and try them.

If you like them, great, if you don't you are only down about £35 and can at least say you've tried 🙂

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Had a couple of coffees from a moka pot recently and they were delicious. Might have to get myself one.

I’m a tea drinker but I do like the occasional coffee for early starts. I use coffee bags which I think taste better than your usual Nescafé shite. One these ones just now:

IMG_9626.jpg

[quote post=14969368"
timestamp="1642759996" name="amnarab" userid="66268]Beanies make some great flavours of instant coffee granules. 8de40ebec42eb327dec7b2852d228052.jpg

I’ve tried this stuff and it’s foul. I think I had the chocolate orange flavoured one. Tasted like I was drinking sick.

I bought a jar of the cherry bakewell stuff out Aldi and thought it was awful. The smell alone gave me a sore head.

Think i took two sips then binned the jar.

I know everyone's tastes are different but I thought that was genuinely vile.

I'm a Bialetti man myself. Usually drink Dear Green's Brazil blend but got a selection of Whittard's stuff for Christmas, including the aforementioned Santos/Java and Guatemalan Elephant, so have been tucking into those.

I drink it black in the house, sometimes top it up with some more water if I want a longer drink. When I'm out I'll usually have something with oat milk as a treat.

edit: those Beanies things are just coffee for children

Edited by Smurph