Hibs vs Cove

marello

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Obviously didn't see it m8.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Snifter logged in to your account?

Come on lads - 2/10

After a shite match I am just looking to hook a few and had hoped the sport would last a couple of mins.................

10 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Lots of salty diddies here seething they didn’t get their upset. Shame.

I'm just seething nobodies had an embarrassing result before our inevitable scudding from Kelty, tbh.

Hopefully Stirling can somehow overcome playing at Ibrox + a Rangers penalty to somehow beat them tomorrow night.

24 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Could've been Albion Rovers at Ibrox watching this tonight, except Cove don't have a "friendly" referee to allow an assault on the keeper to help the home team.

Only sayin', like 

Eh… whit?

I remember watching a very young Harry Milne playing against Banks O' Dee in 2015 and thinking he'd go on to play at a much higher level. He was superb tonight. Scully and particularly Yule standouts from that game too. Cove have signed some big names in the last couple of years but when you include Masson, Megginson and McKenzie a large chunk of that team's been there since they were in the Highland League. Most of the rest have spent the majority of their careers in League 1 too.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs look absolutely primed for a relegation battle under Maloney next season.

Tried to be far, far, too clever tonight while ignoring the absolute basics.

On the contrary, I would suggest that it is indeed you who is trying to be far, far too clever with your 'hot take' and ignoring the basic fact that Hibs under Maloney will trample all under foot, including your own scarf twirling diddies should you choose to remain in the division.

Sosia Vin Diesel GIF by Programa Pânico

13 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Cove keeper looking decent despite the pre match comments.

Credit to him, looked fairly solid which he hasn't in the few appearances he made at the start of the season. Distribution wasn't the greatest but was competent and didn't look out of place.

Speaking with Hibs fans after the game and reading their comments here, it seems they under-performed (well as much as any team does when their fans high expectations are not met) but that doesn't take anything away from a great Cove performance and certainly (even prior to summer window boosting) one which suggests they won't have too much difficulty in meeting Championship challenge next season assuming of course they put in performances like this and win L1, which I expect.  I thought Stevenson was good for Hibs and Milne/Scully/Megginson/Masson were very good in a team full of good performances. It's clear to see that Megginson could have played at higher level 5-7 years ago but on other hand the loyalty he's shown to Cove has been a great example.  Agree with another comment on thread that extra-time plays into the hands of the higher league teams, going straight to penalties after 90 mins would be an interesting and exciting experience!

13 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

BBC overdid the Cove fairy story and valiant underdogs from two tiers below during commentary.

Cove defended well though and showed themselves dangerous in attack but Hibs made enough chances and should have been out of sight.

Agreed.

There's a bit of a chugfest going on here. Cove created very little and it went to extra-time because of Hibs' performance, not Cove's.