Qatar 2022 tickets

Christophe

Ticket portal opened today for applications. Any optimists tempted with the nation packages? You can apply for 3,4 or 7 game packages for any country that is still in the running to qualify, rather than guessing/waiting for group draws. Cheapest seats 3 game Scotland package comes in at £167. £244 if you fancy us to get to the last 16. And if you are a complete lunatic and fancy us to be contesting the final you can see the lot for £1,187.

Edited by Christophe

I'm going to look for an ingeniously cheap way of doing it, like stopping in Zanzibar between games or something, but I doubt there is one. The tartan army could get it together to hire a big cruise ship but that's unlikely too, and would probably be horrific.

I'm going to look for an ingeniously cheap way of doing it, like stopping in Zanzibar between games or something, but I doubt there is one. The tartan army could get it together to hire a big cruise ship but that's unlikely too, and would probably be horrific.
We've got digs booked in Dubai with free cancellation. Looking at flying in and out of Qatar on the day of the games.

5 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
On 23/01/2022 at 19:40, welshbairn said:

We've got digs booked in Dubai with free cancellation. Looking at flying in and out of Qatar on the day of the games.

Stay in touch with @doulikefish, I think he's doing the same and he knows about this stuff.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Stay in touch with @doulikefish, I think he's doing the same and he knows about this stuff.

Yip but more likely I'll use Bahrain as a base.Yerevan in Armenia also a decent option as there are quite a few low cost airlines over in the middle east now which brings into play lots of other countries Oman being another decent and compared with the rest of the middle eastern countries a cheaper option than Dubai

ATAC put up a link regarding accommodation in Qatar for the World Cup. There's no prices yet and nothing can be booked until March, looks like there'll be cruise ship hotels and camping in fan villages along with the usual hotels and apartments.

https://www.qatar2022.qa/book

I can imagine the fan villages won't be cheap and, let's face it, it's not going to be a big bevvy event.  Will the Qataris be happy at what will end up looking like a refugee camp? This is not a tournament for punters.

For the first time ever, I'm not even entertaining the thought of going if we qualify.

One big plus is the vicinity of the stadia. It should be possible to take in every game of the tournament if you're there. The new Metro system is great which is just as well as the traffic is horrendous. The locals are going to have to put up with it for the month as getting the tournament has put them on the map for every other international sport.

It will be a different tournament from the others but not as much as people think.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

One big plus is the vicinity of the stadia. It should be possible to take in every game of the tournament if you're there. The new Metro system is great which is just as well as the traffic is horrendous. The locals are going to have to put up with it for the month as getting the tournament has put them on the map for every other international sport.

It will be a different tournament from the others but not as much as people think.

It will likely be 2 or 3 times as expensive as even Brazil though.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Depends if any slaves die whilst the tournament is going on or if they will be hidden by then.

Hope folk going are packing their rainbow flags to bring some colour to the desert. To a similar end if we qualify I hope our away strip is a rainbow kit.

23 hours ago, 101 said:

Depends if any slaves die whilst the tournament is going on or if they will be hidden by then.

Hope folk going are packing their rainbow flags to bring some colour to the desert. To a similar end if we qualify I hope our away strip is a rainbow kit.

You read too much BBC News. 

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You read too much BBC News. 

I really don't.

Saw an excellent film at the international film festival a few years back about the conditions at the world cup camps and throughout the country more generally. It is a disgrace the sponsors, officials and teams involved should be taking a long hard look at themselves.

10 hours ago, 101 said:

I really don't.

Saw an excellent film at the international film festival a few years back about the conditions at the world cup camps and throughout the country more generally. It is a disgrace the sponsors, officials and teams involved should be taking a long hard look at themselves.

The slums of Brazil are pretty grim. Russia's record on gay rights is far from admirable. In the UK there are people who have to rely on food banks.

Making anyone involved in a football tournament feel guilty about the host countries politics won't do any good. 

Edited by jimbaxters