East Fife v Falkirk

3 hours ago, fifer67 said:

On the balance of play the two nil score line totally flattered Falkirk. I can only recall them having 2 shots at the goal. No manager can legislate for the weekly individual error. Goalkeeper should never have played the ball out and put defender under pressure like that, then he has a heads gone moment and grabs the ball way out his box. Frustratingly we had started the game so we’ll and had made 2 or 3 decent chances. Our shape was great and Falkirk were struggling to get into the game. Then bang everything goes out the window. Can’t fault the effort there on in but playing 70 minutes with 10 men against a full time team was a big ask. Good to see we didn’t Chuck it when we lost the first goal and the Falkirk keeper made a couple of decent saves to keep them in front. Difference today was Slattery and Ryan Blair were excellent in the middle of the park. Another defeat in the end and time fast running out .

They as their supporters acknowledge are poor, we are just really, really poor. Once we went down to 10 men, felt we were more comfortable than with11, as with10 Falkirk just seemed to play the ball sideways and slowly. We can never challenge any defence at the moment but was surprised how poor re creativity their midfield is. As for us ,fear we may never win another game again this season…

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t think so. I think he would have rocked up on 1st Jan if Holt had been involved. I don’t think Holt had any sort of relationship with Franchise……but I can’t blame him for that. Plenty of people would steer well clear of what they are about.

My nephew lives with a livi player. Says holt was just a joke figure, martindale was in charge whereas holt was the bib and cone man. 

Why are east fife where they are? Better than quite a few of the jobber teams below us never mind cut adrift at the bottom material 

Simple really, the players we brought in in the summer are nowhere near good enough replacements for the players that left. We called it in July and the board are as much to blame as Young for recruiting absolute dross.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Why are east fife where they are? Better than quite a few of the jobber teams below us never mind cut adrift at the bottom material 

Better from EF yesterday. Players looked like they wanted to be there and competed for 90 minutes. Think manager has dropped those who were not contributing. As said by others, summer refresh was awful and injuries to key players hasn't helped. 

Hopefully emergence of some young talent and couple of new faces gives hope for next season in League 2..

7 hours ago, champions said:

My nephew lives with a livi player. Says holt was just a joke figure, martindale was in charge whereas holt was the bib and cone man. 

Who our previous Board thought was capable of being a DOF. Rawlins must be absolutely kicking himself he ever listened to Deans and his merry band. 

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Not for me. Absolutely powderpuff up front. They set up yesterday well to frustrate us and succeeded but they are just not going to score goals 

3 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Simple really, the players we brought in in the summer are nowhere near good enough replacements for the players that left. We called it in July and the board are as much to blame as Young for recruiting absolute dross.

Who is the EFTV commentator? Ooofftttt 

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Can’t agree with that.

Our problems yesterday were all of our own making.

Far, far too slow in our build up until the new lad came on and showed what a bit of pace and direct play could do against their plodders.

Their number 3 was a pub team player.

Think that’s being harsh on east fife. They came to ours and were 1-0 up at HT and should’ve been more. Their play deserved more than what they got yesterday. That alone is far more than Dumbarton have done in their 2 games v us so far. 

Guess the table doesn’t lie though. They’re humped

Guest TedCrilly
7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Can’t agree with that.

Our problems yesterday were all of our own making.

Far, far too slow in our build up until the new lad came on and showed what a bit of pace and direct play could do against their plodders.

Their number 3 was a pub team player.

What a fucking state Higgins (number 3) got himself in over Kabia btw 😂 He looks finished as a player now.

17 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

What a fucking state Higgins (number 3) got himself in over Kabia btw 😂 He looks finished as a player now.

I thought his reactions towards Steele after Falkirk’s first goal was worse to be honest. He needs to have a wee word with himself in the mirror I think. 

What a fucking state Higgins (number 3) got himself in over Kabia btw [emoji23] He looks finished as a player now.

A stronger referee could easily have sent him off there had his hands around Kabias neck at 1 point. Total headsgone.