East Fife v Falkirk

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d like to agree with you but I just don’t know if this was initiated by Holt with his Livi “contacts”….

Don’t think so. I think he would have rocked up on 1st Jan if Holt had been involved. I don’t think Holt had any sort of relationship with Franchise……but I can’t blame him for that. Plenty of people would steer well clear of what they are about.

Awful game but important win.

Far to slow in the build up, the amount of passing from side to side at the back was ridiculous particularly as none of them could trap a bag of cement.

New lad obviously a real player, pace, touch and attitude all great.

I know the defence get pelters, but I actually think they deserve even more than they get. It’s them collectively who decide to start passing it amongst themselves. They do not try to get the ball forward to midfielders, they simply snuff out many potential attacking situations we have.

Get a couple of competent leaders in there……the critical mass of Hall McKay and Miller must be broken up, and we might just about get by. Those three just drag everyone down week after week.

Go with that set up next week, and Montrose will beat us.

We actually turned up today but the sending off after 16 minutes is just our luck right now. I think Gallagher was very poor and should have done better for the first. Smith won everything and was unlucky to come off. Healy looked very lively also.

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

Absolutely honking performance from us but quite simply the difference was Kabia. Struggling to give pass marks to anyone else. East Fife can count themselves unlucky not to have scored at least once today. A welcome three points but not much else.

Absolutely honking performance from us but quite simply the difference was Kabia. Struggling to give pass marks to anyone else. East Fife can count themselves unlucky not to have scored at least once today. A welcome three points but not much else.
Think today might show us that Morrison is very important. We did not create enough chances and I think Callum would have given us a bit. Okay he has proved he is not a striker but in the 10 role could improve us. Hope its COVID not cheerio

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sadly, it shows just how lacking in fire power we are. A first loan player for Rennie turns out to be miles and miles ahead of anything Sheerin and Holt came up with. Aye, the Rennie who doesn’t know the Scottish game, and a Holt who knows it from front to back.

I have said from the day he was appointed he knew more about the Scottish market then anyone realised. Hopefully this is a little nugget that has gone under the radar and there are 2/3 more this week. 

23 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Think today might show us that Morrison is very important. We did not create enough chances and I think Callum would have given us a bit. Okay he has proved he is not a striker but in the 10 role could improve us. Hope its COVID not cheerio

We'll find out soon enough. 

Awful awful viewing. Why we insist on rolling it out from the keeper every single time is infuriating. We don't have the players to play that way. Defenders should just be clearing their lines and let the attackers play the football. Holding onto a 1 goal lead against a team that has a - 27 GD for nearly 40 mins is terrible. 

On the balance of play the two nil score line totally flattered Falkirk. I can only recall them having 2 shots at the goal. No manager can legislate for the weekly individual error. Goalkeeper should never have played the ball out and put defender under pressure like that, then he has a heads gone moment and grabs the ball way out his box. Frustratingly we had started the game so we’ll and had made 2 or 3 decent chances. Our shape was great and Falkirk were struggling to get into the game. Then bang everything goes out the window. Can’t fault the effort there on in but playing 70 minutes with 10 men against a full time team was a big ask. Good to see we didn’t Chuck it when we lost the first goal and the Falkirk keeper made a couple of decent saves to keep them in front. Difference today was Slattery and Ryan Blair were excellent in the middle of the park. Another defeat in the end and time fast running out .

One of the reasons that East Fife are bottom the league could be the fact that their Manager doesn’t actually pay much attention to the game.

He spent large amounts of that game today with his back to the pitch blethering and gesticulating to his  assistants.

I appreciate Rennie putting a positive spin on things - 3 points, clean sheet etc but that was bloody awful. If I'm being honest EF deserved a point. At one point in the first half, against 10 men, we had every player in our box, far to negative

Motm for me either Martin or Kabila. 

Although it was brutal was worth it to see my youngests face when he got a fist pump from Williamson, hall, keena and mutch

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

You are bad, we are really, really bad. Thought the  new boy was good, but after we went down to 10 men, I thought we would get hammered. But your backs3’s ability ( and even worse your midfield)to play the slow side way pass is truly amazing.

You really only got space when our 10 men pushed a CB up front.,,,, we are down, you guys will survive- and indeed if you sign players similar to the Livi boy you probably will do better. 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know the defence get pelters, but I actually think they deserve even more than they get. It’s them collectively who decide to start passing it amongst themselves. They do not try to get the ball forward to midfielders, they simply snuff out many potential attacking situations we have.

Get a couple of competent leaders in there……the critical mass of Hall McKay and Miller must be broken up, and we might just about get by. Those three just drag everyone down week after week.

Go with that set up next week, and Montrose will beat us.

Our midfield is an absolute mess, they should be taking the ball off the defenders and dictating play, especially against 10 men