St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure what you think this is. If you want to try and convince me that st Mirren put in a performance full of quality on the ball then I’m open minded. But I’ll be honest, I think you’ll struggle. 

And once again you fall into the same trap.

It's quite simple. When someone points out one team was utter shite, and the other wasn't, that second team doesn't need to be outstanding, it just needs to be considerably better on the park than their opposition, and in this case they were.

Your argument seems to be that St Mirren fans can't be happy because their team didn't play like Barcelona.

As bad as we’ve been this season. It was obvious that St Mirren were going to sit deep and let us play in front of them, especially after the pumping at Pittodrie, so the decision to pack the team with centre mids was baffling. I don’t know how many times we saw: Lewis rolls ball to Bates, St Mirren don’t press, Bates floats a cross-field pass wide, we lose possession. Lewis may as well have launched it forward himself.

It’s been clear all season that if we want to adopt a style where we dominate the ball then we need attacking players on the pitch who can unlock a defence or beat a man. Hedges was poor but was probably the only player we had on the park capable of making something happen and he was inexplicably hooked after an hour leaving us with zero width. Ojo playing on the wing needs binned, especially without Hayes backing him up.

It’s incredibly frustrating as we’ve been on a bit of a run and could’ve been up to fourth with a win last night with the teams above us playing each other in the coming weeks. Can’t help but think it was the wrong call to keep pretty much the same line up for all three of these games. Still, surely we can’t lose to St Johnstone at home, again.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's quite simple. When someone points out one team was utter shite, and the other wasn't, that second team doesn't need to be outstanding, it just needs to be considerably better on the park than their opposition, and in this case they were.

Your argument seems to be that St Mirren fans can't be happy because their team didn't play like Barcelona.

DQ-Screen-Shot-2015-12-04-at-4_10.29-PM-29wbxtz.thumb.png.842d9f760af6a914538ce2bbb8966533.png

Baffled at the positivity from St Mirren fans regarding their attacking performance last night.

Worked brilliantly off the ball and deserved the win with the only real bit off quality.

To suggest you should have won 3-0 or that McGrath had some fantastic performance that "sent Ramsay" to the shops is weird.

Wtf are some folk moaning about ? Should we be apologising for finding ways to win games after coming off the back of a ten or 11 game losing streak. Get a fucken grip. Aberdeen never laid a glove on us last night. 

They were shite from start to finish. It happens deal with it.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

What are you on about? 

My opinion, not argument, is that in the context of previous games against st Mirren, I thought they were poor in terms of quality on the ball. 

Why on earth would I suggest st Mirren fans shouldn’t be happy at a win? I merely expressed surprise at posts suggesting they should have won by 3 or 4 or the like. 

Quite why you’re so bent out of shape about it is bizarre. 

Just now, glenburn bud said:

Wtf are some folk moaning about ? Should we be apologising for finding ways to win games after coming off the back of a ten or 11 game losing streak. Get a fucken grip. Aberdeen never laid a glove on us last night. 

They are pissed because Aberdeen managed to put up a spirited performance against Rangers and now they think they should win games simply by turning up. That's the vibe I'm getting.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

They are pissed because Aberdeen managed to put up a spirited performance against Rangers and now they think they should win games simply by turning up. That's the vibe I'm getting.

Fucking hell, there must be some amount of empty Prams in Aberdeen this morning.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Quite why you’re so bent out of shape about it is bizarre. 

:lol:

Deary me.

It's almost like you think you can say something and not get pulled up about it, and when you are the person doing so is at fault.

Scroll back the thread and you'll see that by half time you were at it, despite a first 45 minutes that was possibly one of the worst performances I've seen from Aberdeen since Skovdal's OF capitulations.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was two mid table sides matching each other for 90 minutes. There wasn't a single good chance created the entire match, and the goal was simply a great strike.

Spot on mate.

I’ll be keeping an eye on the battle of the jobbers tonight, it will be tight.

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

There's a difference between the above and "we should have won 3 or 4 nil".

We couldn't care less how you beat us. It's how we played for the previous two years.

Are we not allowed to have an opinion because we lost?

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

As bad as we’ve been this season. It was obvious that St Mirren were going to sit deep and let us play in front of them, especially after the pumping at Pittodrie, so the decision to pack the team with centre mids was baffling. I don’t know how many times we saw: Lewis rolls ball to Bates, St Mirren don’t press, Bates floats a cross-field pass wide, we lose possession. Lewis may as well have launched it forward himself.

It’s been clear all season that if we want to adopt a style where we dominate the ball then we need attacking players on the pitch who can unlock a defence or beat a man. Hedges was poor but was probably the only player we had on the park capable of making something happen and he was inexplicably hooked after an hour leaving us with zero width. Ojo playing on the wing needs binned, especially without Hayes backing him up.

It’s incredibly frustrating as we’ve been on a bit of a run and could’ve been up to fourth with a win last night with the teams above us playing each other in the coming weeks. Can’t help but think it was the wrong call to keep pretty much the same line up for all three of these games. Still, surely we can’t lose to St Johnstone at home, again.

Och, I don't know...

Wtf are some folk moaning about ? Should we be apologising for finding ways to win games after coming off the back of a ten or 11 game losing streak.

We aren’t St Johnstone! It was 11 games without a win but plenty of draws in there, including one against Celtic.
Anyway, I’m having that goal as yet another assist from Kiltie. Three games, three assists, one goal and one wrongly disallowed. What an impact he’s making.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's a difference between the above and "we should have won 3 or 4 nil".

We couldn't care less how you beat us. It's how we played for the previous two years.

Are we not allowed to have an opinion because we lost?

You are allowed an opinion as long as you agree that St Mirren were quality and should have won by four. Anything else is sour grapes and toys out of the pram. 

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Deary me.

It's almost like you think you can say something and not get pulled up about it, and when you are the person doing so is at fault.

Scroll back the thread and you'll see that by half time you were at it, despite a first 45 minutes that was possibly one of the worst performances I've seen from Aberdeen since Skovdal's OF capitulations.

You’ve yet to actually put forward an argument about the quality of st Mirren play. 

It was an utterly miserable performance from us from start to finish, that is without  question. That’s not what we’re talking about though. 

You’re either trolling me, in which case fair play, or you’re just completely misinterpreting/misrepresenting what I said. Either way it’s getting boring. 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sounds a lot like yourself in the Hibs thread tbh.

A real lack of self awareness here Ric.

Really shit response mate, really shit.

You seriously think the deaths of innocent people is the equivalent of a football match? Seriously? f**k off.