St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Maybe when you stop evoking mass murderers as a point of comparison with someone taking a contract in Saudi Arabia you'll have a little bit more standing to be outraged by the conduct of others you dafty. 

Twice in a row, well done.

35 minutes ago, McG said:

Spot on mate.

I’ll be keeping an eye on the battle of the jobbers tonight, it will be tight.

Be sure to shut the site down if we lose.

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

That Red TV commentary was a masterclass in fragile bravado.

I ended up doing a half and half, Sportsound for the commentary and RedTV for the stream. I'll be honest, Willie Miller is not the finest pundit on the radio.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

That Red TV commentary was a masterclass in fragile bravado.

They effortlessly switch between Old Firm-like swagger to "woe is me" and then back again as soon as the Dons string three passes together.

The RedTV commentary last night was fairly dreadful, but why were you listening to it?

40 minutes ago, Ric said:

I am "upset" that one poster chose to specifically use that to score points on a football forum, and for another to double down on it.

Because, racism, bigotry, religious zealotry, misogyny and hatred are all "banter", right?

What the absolute f**k are you dribbling about you pompous windbag? 

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Erhahon was subbed on Saturday after making various mistakes against Ayr. Everyone sees his lovely left foot passing but most fail to see his glaring defensive frailties which is why he is not a first team regular. And even when he came on last night he gave the ball away twice in crucial situations which thankfully we were not punished for.

And as an aside McGrath was up against Ramsay and Hedges and never gave them a look in and played some decent stuff himself. Good call by Jim.

Yeah, happy to hold my hands up there. Erhahon was abysmal when he came on and you suspect he may be in for another spell on the bench - unless McGrath moves on and Ronan pushes forward.

I thought McGrath was ok, but wouldn't go overboard. I genuinely think Kiltie is doing more of what I'd expect someone in that role to be doing, in terms of movement, beating players, killer passes, etc. Given that they're the same age, I think we've replaced quite well.

Obviously the sickener is wondering where we'd be in the league had we been playing this way for longer - Kiltie is simply a different player in this formation. Still, it's fine; we're heading in the right direction again and I'll relax.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Should we be apologising for finding ways to win games after coming off the back of a ten or 11 game losing streak. .

Correction. We had not had 10/11 defeats in a row. We had not won in 10/11 games. Bit of a difference thankfully.

Like you I’m feckin delighted to have got the win. These three wins in a row will help breed confidence in the squad. 

Hopefully more goals and better football will come, but for the time being winning is all that matters.

Baffled at the positivity from St Mirren fans regarding their attacking performance last night.
Worked brilliantly off the ball and deserved the win with the only real bit off quality.
To suggest you should have won 3-0 or that McGrath had some fantastic performance that "sent Ramsay" to the shops is weird.

They didn’t really bring anything to the game aside from the goal but didn’t need to. Last night will be the easiest game they’ll play all season.

Absolutely delighted with the 3 points but it was a pretty terrible game of football throughout.  The second half was probably marginally better than the first in terms of any football being played.

I thought we were excellent off the ball but really struggled to keep any meaningful possession. When we won it back we were wasteful with some good counter attack opportunities.  However, the goal was a thing of beauty.

I was really surprised how pedestrian Aberdeen were.  Loads of possession without any apparent purpose and didn't really threaten at any point.  I've seldom watched us see out the last half hour of a game so comfortably while holding onto a lead.  It was a really strange performance from the Dons.  Our defence will rarely have a quieter evening.

We weren't great, but we didn't need to be.