St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

You just equated someone laughing at your hilarious Fred west comparison to laughing at innocent people dying.

That's a fucking stupid take on someone's equally fucking stupid comment. Imagine having to spin things so badly that you actively joke about people being killed. Both of you should be ashamed.

As for the rest, you claim you didn't want to sound like sour grapes, well it sounds like sour grapes, whether you wish it to or not.

Aberdeen failed to produce a single heart-in-mouth moment for us last night. Not simply  toothless but strangely lacking in urgency or intensity. I had expected a tense final half hour after Ronan's goal but it was a breeze for our defenders.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

That's a fucking stupid take on someone's equally fucking stupid comment. Imagine having to spin things so badly that you actively joke about people being killed. Both of you should be ashamed.

As for the rest, you claim you didn't want to sound like sour grapes, well it sounds like sour grapes, whether you wish it to or not.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Just now, Wilbur said:

Aberdeen failed to produce a single heart-in-mouth moment for us last night. Not simply  toothless but strangely lacking in urgency or intensity. I had expected a tense final half hour after Ronan's goal but it was a breeze for our defenders.

Yeah agree with that.

Ifs and buts, if Ferguson's long ranger creeps in and the same dull game plays out with us taking the win, then it's probably claimed that we edged it.

20 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's a difference between the above and "we should have won 3 or 4 nil".

We couldn't care less how you beat us. It's how we played for the previous two years.

Are we not allowed to have an opinion because we lost?

No problem whatsoever about having an opinion. I don’t know who suggested we could have won by 3 or 4 nil, but there was only ever going to be one goal in that game. We were in the second half the better team. If we have to shitfest a few more games in order to get some results and a bit of momentum, then we certainly won’t be the only side doing so.

Edited by glenburn bud

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What are you on about? 

My opinion, not argument, is that in the context of previous games against st Mirren, I thought they were poor in terms of quality on the ball. 

Why on earth would I suggest st Mirren fans shouldn’t be happy at a win? I merely expressed surprise at posts suggesting they should have won by 3 or 4 or the like. 

Quite why you’re so bent out of shape about it is bizarre. 

I think that he’s still quite upset that Boyle has accepted a contract in Saudi Arabia. The bottom line is that it was two fairly poor teams last night, with St Mirren being less poor than Aberdeen. If Calvin Ramsay had acted like a defender at the goal, then neither team was ever going to score. St Mirren fans should be delighted that their team won 3 points.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

No problem whatsoever about having an opinion. I don’t know who suggested we could have won by 3 or 4 nil, but there was only ever going to be one goal in that game. We were in the second half the better team. If we have to shitfest a few more games in order to get some results and a bit of momentum, then we certainly won’t be the only side doing so.

No issue at all with you shitfesting games. That in itself is an art.

We started the second half the better side, almost scoring after an Alnwick error but it was very comfortable from St Mirren from about 55 mins on.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I think that he’s still quite upset that Boyle has accepted a contract in Saudi Arabia.

I am "upset" that one poster chose to specifically use that to score points on a football forum, and for another to double down on it.

Because, racism, bigotry, religious zealotry, misogyny and hatred are all "banter", right?

Aberdeen's game plan of "aiming aimless long balls in hope" caused the St. Mirren defence absolutely zero problems last night but every time they got the ball back, they 'd just repeat it.

Thought defensively St. Mirren were excellent, kept their shape well and never offered Aberdeen easy openings.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I am "upset" that one poster chose to specifically use that to score points on a football forum, and for another to double down on it.

Because, racism, bigotry, religious zealotry, misogyny and hatred are all "banter", right?

It’s because he’s from Aberdeen, isn’t it?

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ric continuing a really terrific run of form from recent weeks. Well done Ric, all you aberdonians should be ashamed of yourself (the reason for this is yet to be established)

So aside from the word salad, if I've interpreted what you wrote correctly then well done for massively misinterpreting the situation.

One poster decided to make an asinine point about a serious issue, completely unconnected to last night's game, another backed them up, both of them should be ashamed they took that path.

Just now, kingjoey said:

It’s because he’s from Aberdeen, isn’t it?

I hadn't factored it in, should I? I mean Michael Gove is from Aberdeen...

Edited by Ric

Just now, Merkland Red said:

No issue at all with you shitfesting games. That in itself is an art.

We started the second half the better side, almost scoring after an Alnwick error but it was very comfortable from St Mirren from about 55 mins on.

I reckon expectation from the Dons was that after playing really well against the dead club, they would be well up for kicking on and gathering 3 points last night. 

It was all a bit flat from the Dons and it helped that our lot worked seriously hard to win the game. 

It was a huge win for us and although there was no great quality, we’ll definitely take it.

Just now, Ric said:

So aside from the word salad, if I've interpreted what you wrote correctly then well done for massively misinterpreting the situation.

One poster decided to make an asinine point about a serious issue, completely unconnected to last night's game, another backed them up, both of them should be ashamed they took that path.

Maybe when you stop evoking mass murderers as a point of comparison with someone taking a contract in Saudi Arabia you'll have a little bit more standing to be outraged by the conduct of others you dafty.