St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

Thought the first half was pretty even, and pretty uneventful. Second half was much better, and we thoroughly deserved to win that game. Ronan and Henderson can play rock, scissors, paper tomorrow to decide who has scored St Mirren’s goal of the week… sorry, season. 😁

thought we were very good the 1st 20 mins before dropping down to aberdeens level.1st 20 we went for every ball,snapping at their heels/ankles at every opportunity.should have went in ahead at half time.2nd half was glorious,just glorious 😂

I kept a close eye on broony tonight and he done nothing. for a player who is supposed to be so influential he wasn’t in it,he didn’t look interested.he never looked for the ball and if he did get it he got rid of it asap.some of his pointing was international class mind you

well done st mirren 🏁🏁🏁

I thought we were really comfortable, Aberdeen didn't really lay a glove on us, and apart from one misshit cross Alnwick didn't have a save to make, though there was a wee heart in the mouth moment with the clearance off the line during Aberdeen's decent five minutes at the start of the second half. Otherwise we contained them very easily, letting Bates, Brown and Ferguson play pointless sideways passes to each other.

Thought Power, McGrath, Shaughnessy, Dunne and Tanser all had very good games. Brophy as well worked very hard and we missed him when he went off. Grieve looked a wee bit lost when he first came on in all honesty. He grew into it a bit, and physically he looks like he could do a job, but he'll need to start making better decisions. Henderson did ok as well, though he was up against the worst player on the pitch and maybe could have backed himself a bit more at times.

9 hours ago, McG said:

How did we only win that 1-0? Should of been 3 or 4.

Aberdeen are rotten, Ramsay is never worth the money being quoted, McGrath sent him to the shops a number of times.

What actual chances did you miss that would have made it 3 or 4. You were the better of two poor teams last night, but don’t try to make it out that you were anything other than that.

Didn't see any of the game last night but saw the 0-0 at half time with 70% possession and no shots on goal and knew that St Mirren would win with the only shot on target. I'm not a genius or prescient or anything, it's just getting very familiar. 

Those pies look decent. 

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Last night they weren’t actually there.

Aye, bit of a pisser for the Aberdeen fans last night, especially the ones that came all the down the country for that sort of performance.

Ferguson and Brown had decent efforts, and Brown had one blocked on the line. Other than that 5 minute period after half time I don't think we were put under much pressure.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What actual chances did you miss that would have made it 3 or 4. You were the better of two poor teams last night, but don’t try to make it out that you were anything other than that.

I’m wary of it sounding like sour grapes but I’m a little surprised at how positive st Mirren fans are on their performance. 

Don’t get me wrong, they fully deserved to win and off the ball they were much better but other than the goal I was struggling to see much quality at all. 

To put it into context, I thought the games last season, I’m thinking league cup and the game that finished a draw a few weeks later, they absolutely pumped us in both games and I thought they looked a really decent side. Didn’t see that so much last night. 

Just watched the highlights and noticed in the away stand above the entrance tunnel right behind the goal there is an advert for the Keg Bar.  Is that one as salubrious as it's Inverness namesake?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Agree that St Mirren shouldn’t have won by three or four. Absolutely disagree that we were simply the better of two poor teams. There was only one poor team out there last night, and they were wearing red.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t get me wrong, they fully deserved to win and off the ball they were much better but other than the goal I was struggling to see much quality at all. 

Given that was only our second win at home this season, you can understand why Saints fans are so buoyant.

The other win was against you. I’m surprised the crowd never sang “Can we play you every week?” (at home anyway!)