St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

HT 0–0
Meh, pretty tepid stuff all round and no one deserves to be ahead.
We started the brighter and had a few pot shots but never really worked Lewis. Aberdeen then saw loads of the ball but never really worked Alnwick. Did have a curling 20 yardley just wide and Jak made a routine stop at the end of the half.
It is McGrath out wide left and he’s done quite well, worked back and done his defensive role and made some decent tackles. Think Dunne being having one of his best games for us too, but did have a loose header towards the end.
Nil nil draw certainly the most likely outcome. If there is a goal I think that will be enough to win it.

We'll never have an easier half against Aberdeen, head and shoulders above them.

The problem is, of course, we've not taken advantage. I can't imagine Aberdeen being such a light touch in the coming 45 minutes.

Nice to hear Thompson getting Miller and Gordon telt, it might be a shite game for Aberdeen, but that doesn't mean both sides have been shite.

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Steve Cowan is an awful summariser.

Had to mute RTV after 10 mins of him bleating about long balls to turn defenders only to unmute it in time for him to bemoan the lack of quality from St Mirren for launching long balls trying to turn our defenders...

Get McGinn on .

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

It is McGrath out wide left and he’s done quite well..

I'm sure you know this, but that's where he plays for Ireland.

Much talk of dropping Kiltie and replacing him with McGrath, but dropping McAllister instead was the obvious solution to get both players on the pitch, and I have to say it's worked pretty well, especially as he's been keeping Ramsey fairly quiet.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

We'll never have an easier half against Aberdeen, head and shoulders above them.

The problem is, of course, we've not taken advantage. I can't imagine Aberdeen being such a light touch in the coming 45 minutes.

Nice to hear Thompson getting Miller and Gordon telt, it might be a shite game for Aberdeen, but that doesn't mean both sides have been shite.

Wow.

3 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Had to mute RTV after 10 mins of him bleating about long balls to turn defenders only to unmute it in time for him to bemoan the lack of quality from St Mirren for launching long balls trying to turn our defenders...

Get McGinn on .

Aye. Or saying it's too quick. Then it's too slow. Basically he knows what we need to do, but only after we've done the wrong thing beforehand.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Wow.

You lot are all over the place, misplaced passes, badly timed tackles, countless lacks of concentration as you knock it about the back.

If you think that is Aberdeen being good, then you're clearly a happy person to please.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

You lot are all over the place, misplaced passes, badly timed tackles, countless lacks of concentration as you knock it about the back.

If you think that is Aberdeen being good, then you're clearly a happy person to please.

Think it was more your suggestion that st Mirren were good tbh 

We started off with great intensity and purpose. Had the better of the first 20 without testing Joe Lewis,  Aberdeen came into it a bit. Lewis Ferguson having the best effort of the half.

Don't think both teams can keep up this high pressing for 90 mins so the game could be won and lost from the bench.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think it was more your suggestion that st Mirren were good tbh 

We were considerably better than you in that first half, it's crazy to suggest otherwise.

Of course, that half is now history and the scoreline is still 0-0. As I said, I can't imagine you lot being so poor in the second half.

Edit: one thing we've not done is closed down Brown, as he saunters into the centre circle. He's just too experienced to be allowed time and space to pick a pass.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Ric said:

We were considerably better than you in that first half, it's crazy to suggest otherwise.

Of course, that half is now history and the scoreline is still 0-0. As I said, I can't imagine you lot being so poor in the second half.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

If you think that is St Mirren being good, then you're clearly a happy person to please.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I do love a false equivalence.

It's classic Internet debate, "I think one team is utter shit"... "Oooh, that must mean you think the other one is amazing"

Come on, don't fall into that trap.