St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

If you're heading down on the 26th you'll have missed the game I'm afraid, it's on Tuesday the 25th.

Chad and the legendary Alamo are sadly no more. I think most away fans head to De Beers in the town centre now, which is about a 15 minute walk to the ground. Either that or stay in Glasgow City Centre and get a train to Paisley St James in time for kick off.

We have won one home game in the league all season, and that was against Aberdeen. Same scoreline again would be just fine. 

Edited by Lex

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Heading down for this

Where do away fans go for a beer these days?

Always used to go to the Alamo but I  believe that fine boozer is no more 

Google Well Street top of the street to the right in the corner is the Rosebud it's turned into a very decent pub. 10min walk from Stadium.  If your going by train get off Gilmour Street pubs all over town centre.  Check train times to get one along to the stadium from Gilmour Street Station.  

• Frank Grimes changed the title to St Mirren v Aberdeen - 25/1/22

Play a back 4 and Jamie McGrath to score a hat trick of worldies and mention the word 'Pressure' 5 or 6 times in the post game interview. 

Love a night time game under the lights and full of drink.  

If we play 3 at the back and revert to aimless long balls up to Main and co we'll get pumped.

Just over 24 hours to go this thread needs woken up. Good to see Goodwin drop a back three to a back four resulting in two wins out of two you can see confidence growing. Aberdeen should have beaten the govan bigots they looked well up for that game looking more like themselves.  Will be a tight game hopefully a home win . The young lad from New Zealand looks a good find very direct it won't be long before he gets his first goal. 

the St Mirren loss still annoys me. We were playing well, lost a silly goal and then received a silly red card. After that St Mirren were well on top and deserved the win.

With St Mirren being at home, I hope Goodwin has them as open as he did against us at Pittodrie. I think he's too shrewd for that though.

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

With St Mirren being at home, I hope Goodwin has them as open as he did against us at Pittodrie. I think he's too shrewd for that though.

Easily one of our worst showings this season, that: you could easily have had double figures that day. I'd like to think we'll be better/less naive this time. 

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Easily one of our worst showings this season, that: you could easily have had double figures that day. I'd like to think we'll be better/less naive this time. 

It's funny because it was definitely naive but you played some really good stuff.

41 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's funny because it was definitely naive but you played some really good stuff.

For most of the season Goody has played wing backs as wingers leaving the back 3 very exposed as the wing backs stayed up the park. You ripped us apart down the wings in the last game.

The penny has finally dropped and we haven't used wing backs, but a back 4, in the last two games resulting in a tighter looking defence. I feel the midfield is still looks a bit light but I suppose it takes time to settle into a new formation but I think we still have to tweek the middle more. But I am grateful that we have now ditched our only tactic of a long punt to Tanser out left (especially at Home games).