Hearts vs Celtic: Wednesday 26th Jan 2022

26 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

You are at it. :lol:

I’m now even more convinced it’s not a yellow. 

A handball deliberate or not is only a yellow if it stops a promising attack. It’s too far away from the goal, there are a significant number of defenders behind the ball and it’s in a wide area. Yeah the ball is going forward but that in itself isn’t enough. 

If that happens more centrally and 10-15 yards further forward you may have a case but nah not for me

Edited by Jinky67

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

A handball deliberate or not is only a yellow if it stops a promising attack. It’s too far away from the goal, there are a significant number of defenders behind the ball and it’s in a wide area. Yeah the ball is going forward but that in itself isn’t enough. 

If that happens more centrally and 10-15 yards further forward you may have a case but nah not for me

:lol:

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Is it just me that thinks Gordon fucked that? Seems like he should’ve saved it but had a brain fart.

Some folk are saying Gordon was unsighted by a defender or that the ball's trajectory moved or swerved.

It's obviously a great strike, but you'd expect Gordon to save that, and I think he'll be annoyed at himself - he can't save every shot, though. 

18 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Some folk are saying Gordon was unsighted by a defender or that the ball's trajectory moved or swerved.

It's obviously a great strike, but you'd expect Gordon to save that, and I think he'll be annoyed at himself - he can't save every shot, though. 

The slow motion shows that he managed an almost perfect knuckleball with hardly any spin whatsoever so the shifting trajectory seems like the most plausible explanation. Stephen Kingsley regularly manages that with a dead ball which is impressive enough but Hatate's strike from open play is another level it's approaching the Öztürkesque 

13 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

You claimed it wasn't deliberate! Slavers man.

It is 100% a yellow card offence.

15 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Christ almighty, do your kids know you're using their computer? Do they cringe every time you open your mouth and come out with your quality patter?

Siri has an iPhone M8 and Alexa is just uncontrollable she wants all the computers in the house, fecking kids dae ma nut in.

18 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

You’ve obviously forgot about the green brigade stoating about gorgie in July eh 😀

I have no idea what you are talking about but if they were giving it the big I am around one person being guarded by a bunch of polis whilst singing the ‘ battered ‘ chant I think they would have been rightly disbanded by now.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The amount of ‘hawd me back’ fanny dyers here :lol:

*Caution contains Scottish people trying to be English*

That song is a cringe, but come on, do you lot not sing a Rogers and Hammerstein musical ditty that you copied from Liverpool FC ? 

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

You claimed it wasn't deliberate! Slavers man.

It is 100% a yellow card offence.

Not according the rules which i did check. The ref only needs to give a yellow if it stops a promising attack, how deliberate it was matters not one iota. This wasn't a promising attack due to where it was on the park so a yellow need not be given. Same as what happened with O'Riley

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky