Hearts vs Celtic: Wednesday 26th Jan 2022

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The players missing certainly weaken Celtic significantly.  The replacements won't be mugs but they're definitely not as good, especially in midfield.  

We've looked far better attacking Celtic than sitting in, so hopefully it's that way from the kick-off.

Games where we have pace and a threat out wide, we normally have a bit more success v Celtic. If you manage to push their wingers/fullbacks/wing-backs back, then you have a chance. Always seems to have been that way. For a while it was all about keeping Forest quiet and occupied. Kyogo out is massive though, he was the main difference between our games against them in the first league match and the LC tie. They were a much better side with him added.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Going to be interesting this one with what looks likely to be our entire first choice midfield out, thank f**k we have added a few midfielders even though they haven’t really played together. I assume the newest O’riley will start with Hatate and either Bitton/Mccarthy. 

Has to be Bitton/Hatate/O'Riley for me. Bitton is solid in the defensive midfield role, Hatate looked superb and O'Riley was in great form for MK Dons so i don't have a massive concern about these 3. 

I imagine we will go with Jota/Giakoumakis/Forrest as the front 3. GG getting a goal at the weekend hopefully helps his confidence.

We have done well to get business done early in the window and just as well my only concern for this game is if we pick up more injuries but the 3 points are a must and we need to get after Hearts right from the off. 

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Finn Seemann said:

Big game this. Result will go a long way in determining whether Rangers retain their title - expect the east coast Rangers to be up for it.

^^^ Sort of person that answers the phone saying "whaaaaatsup!" and uses "not" and "simples" at the end of sentences.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Also an interesting comment from a fan of dundee hibernian.

It's genuinely quite tragic that there are fans of non-OF clubs out there, who think that way. It's quite obvious who the enemies of Scottish football are, and always have been. Buying in to their shite binary sectarian guff, and applying it to other teams outside of the Glasgow pair, is a total shanner.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Has to be Bitton/Hatate/O'Riley for me. Bitton is solid in the defensive midfield role, Hatate looked superb and O'Riley was in great form for MK Dons so i don't have a massive concern about these 3. 

I imagine we will go with Jota/Giakoumakis/Forrest as the front 3. GG getting a goal at the weekend hopefully helps his confidence.

We have done well to get business done early in the window and just as well my only concern for this game is if we pick up more injuries but the 3 points are a must and we need to get after Hearts right from the off. 

Agree with both sets of 3 for this game. I just really hope we don’t have McCarthy and Bitton in midfield together unless trying to see a game out. Both are fine on there own but too slow and passive together. It was nice to see McCarthy have a bit of steel/dig about him on Saturday though for a change. And yes we would be totally fucked again if we did a Lawwell and strung deals out till the last minute. 

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

^^^ Sort of person that answers the phone saying "whaaaaatsup!" and uses "not" and "simples" at the end of sentences.

So far from the truth - just don't like Hearts.  Hit by a golf ball with a nail through it chucked by some of your delightful fans at Tannadice in the 80s and have, rightfully held a grudge ever since.  Granted the majority of your fans are actually alright (I live in Edinburgh) but you still have quite a few Union Jack waving bigots.  Having been brought up protestant (now atheist) I can confirm my religion has never been an issue at Tannadice, but clearly you boys think it is by bringing up the Dundee Hibernian comment and also in the same breath showing your true colours.  As for sectarianism, we sure need rid of it....

4 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

Hit by a golf ball with a nail through it chucked by some of your delightful fans at Tannadice

Could have been a really stonking drive from someone off the 3rd tee at Caird Park........................

3 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

So far from the truth - just don't like Hearts.  Hit by a golf ball with a nail through it chucked by some of your delightful fans at Tannadice in the 80s and have, rightfully held a grudge ever since.  Granted the majority of your fans are actually alright (I live in Edinburgh) but you still have quite a few Union Jack waving bigots.  Having been brought up protestant (now atheist) I can confirm my religion has never been an issue at Tannadice, but clearly you boys think it is by bringing up the Dundee Hibernian comment and also in the same breath showing your true colours.  As for sectarianism, we sure need rid of it....

Bad times. Thankfully things have moved on a lot. I started going in the 80s, and it was a different world to now. 

There’s arseholes at every club. I could tell you some stories about Dundee United fans in the 80s and 90s at Tynecastle. One particular incident involving a fat middle-aged arsehole assaulting one of my mates who was early teens at the time.

Yeah, there’s an element in our support who are trying to get the UJ stuff going again, but unlike back in the day, there’s no chance they will ever be close to the majority at Hearts. 

You’ll have an element of some sort of pseudo-political bullshit amongst the kids at your own club, I would wager. 

I’m also an atheist who was brought up CoS. As far as the Rangers thing goes, the only time I’ve ever been involved in any physical bother after a game, was v Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Could have been a really stonking drive from someone off the 3rd tee at Caird Park........................

🤣  Could have been but wasn't.  Luckily I saw it coming - along with darts, bottles and other Gorgie projectiles.   I did have a bit of grudging admiration for the guy who managed to get a nail through a golf ball - not the easiest.  They were the worst fans at Tannadice in that period by quite a bit.  Pity, because that (ultimately Albert Kidd league losing) team were probably the best opposition team I had seen at Tannadice to that point.  I did think the pictures of grown Jambos greeting was karma.  Anyway, back on topic, I think it will be a great game and I'll be tuning in hoping both sides lose...

11 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Bad times. Thankfully things have moved on a lot. I started going in the 80s, and it was a different world to now. 

There’s arseholes at every club. I could tell you some stories about Dundee United fans in the 80s and 90s at Tynecastle. One particular incident involving a fat middle-aged arsehole assaulting one of my mates who was early teens at the time.

Yeah, there’s an element in our support who are trying to get the UJ stuff going again, but unlike back in the day, there’s no chance they will ever be close to the majority at Hearts. 

You’ll have an element of some sort of pseudo-political bullshit amongst the kids at your own club, I would wager. 

I’m also an atheist who was brought up CoS. As far as the Rangers thing goes, the only time I’ve ever been involved in any physical bother after a game, was v Rangers.

Indeed - sounds like your experience is much the same as mine.  Other than that incident at Tannadice my only other football violence was being charged by the "ICF" who were up 'supporting' Rangers at the glorious '94 cup final.  Got stuck in until being sent sprawling by the side of a police horse and being told by a copper about 15 feet above me as I lay on the ground that they had seen we didn't start it but that if I didn't head into the ground I was getting lifted!

Aye there is a bad bunch in every support (generally small).  Although it rips my piss that on Sky they apologise for hearing swearing over the mic but the OF away fans sing sectarian songs at top belt but nobody ever apologises.  Until they call it out nothing will happen.

Edited by Finn Seemann

16 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

Indeed - sounds like your experience is much the same as mine.  Other than that incident at Tannadice my only other football violence was being charged by the "ICF" who were up 'supporting' Rangers at the glorious '94 cup final.  Got stuck in until being sent sprawling by the side of a police horse and being told by a copper about 15 feet above me as I lay on the ground that they had seen we didn't start it but that if I didn't head into the ground I was getting lifted!

Aye there is a bad bunch in every support (generally small).  Although it rips my piss that on Sky they apologise for hearing swearing over the mic but the OF away fans sing sectarian songs at top belt but nobody ever apologises.  Until they call it out nothing will happen.

Spot on.

23 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Big changes from the first game at the budgie cage, no Harte,CCV or Jota but in turn no McGregor,Turnbull or Eddie (with his head else where) Soro played tae.
For me it's a bit of a jump for O'Riley playing for MK Dons to Celtic his form has feck all to do with it.
I'm hoping the improvement in the team from the start of the season should be too much for the tarts but the injuries and the players on international duty puts the result up in the air.
Celtic will drop points in the league it's just a matter of how many. 

On 21/01/2022 at 05:52, gannonball said:

strong start to the da fest here.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Big changes from the first game at the budgie cage, no Harte,CCV or Jota but in turn no McGregor,Turnbull or Eddie (with his head else where) Soro played tae.
For me it's a bit of a jump for O'Riley playing for MK Dons to Celtic his form has feck all to do with it.
I'm hoping the improvement in the team from the start of the season should be too much for the tarts but the injuries and the players on international duty puts the result up in the air.
Celtic will drop points in the league it's just a matter of how many. 

:D 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts giving the Roseburn tickets out for free to children and families  is a great example of shithousery.  Well played :lol: 

Overestimating your home crowd then having to give them away last minute  for free isn’t ’shithousery’ although it’s the right decision to try and fill as many seats.